Author Topic: Warzone depression...  (Read 12288 times)

Offline TwoGunBob

Re: Warzone depression...
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2012, 06:14:45 PM »
Yeah, Horned Owl nailed it. I was looking thruogh the lists and really wanted a bright, shiny, new Captiol army and was looking at Prince August and like, "they don't have everything I need and I really only want to buy one or two squads to start". The trade that went south on me was back on minirealms. The trade I did here went flawlessly.
Currently playing:
Bow House: Saggy Old Ellie
Dark Lesion: Ill Ian, Whored
Empirical: I D... Ef' Em

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2012, 08:25:31 AM »
 I have quite a bit of Capitol stuff sitting in boxes.

I am one of those hunter gatherer types.I seem to get into a miniatures range after it has went oop.1999,Clan War,D&D Chainmail and others too.Been lucky in tracking quite a few down so far but it does get expensive.

Offline Doompup

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2012, 05:46:52 PM »
I played Warzone first edition, but didn't have very many figures. It wasn't until about 3 years ago I got back into it, and discovered Prince August. I have since collected most of the Capitol army, but it can get pricy; I've gotten several good trades here and on Bartertown that helped make the endeavor less expensive.
Warzone is still one of best games out there, fluff-wise and gameplay-wise.

Offline JohnL5555

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2012, 09:22:40 AM »
  Wow, been a long time since I've been around here. So I'm late replying to this. I know how you feel Bob. Luckily for me, this experience of not getting what you want happened many years earlier with another miniature line. I decided then that I'd not let it happen again although I have been slowly (say over 25 years) still picking up items for it. In fact, I scored about 300+ figs for it last year for peanuts. So, hope is not all gone. The right deal can happen.

Warzone was the ONLY scifi commercial game system that I EVER went head over heels over. Yeah, I have bought loads of other stuff for various systems. But usually, I don't use their flluff or rules. Warzone was exceptional in both categories. I absolutely loved it! I was also lucky enough to pretty much complete my collection of almost every faction in the rules. My last big buy was 500 blisters about a decade ago. I have helped my oldest son work on his Dark Legion and Bauhaus armies along the way giving him figs from my collection and buying some other stuff. I also gave a bunch of Capitol to a buddy of mine so we can game. I'm really happy that my last faction was Mishima. I had avoided them for years since my experience with them was fairly negative. I am a big 1st edition player and almost every game I played against them saw their army get smacked around pretty hard.  However, I finally realized that I really liked the figs in the army and that perhaps the guy who had been running them simply wasn't that great of a player. So, i was able to pick up a pretty large army with dragon riders, Mecha, lots of various infantry and about 5 Dragon bikes. Although I've mainly been a player of Imperial, Cyber and the DL I have been painting up my Mishima. My Cap buddy teases me about them since his experiences playing against them were similar. But I don't care! I love the figs and WILL field this army.

That's pretty much my take on Warzone in general. I LOVE the Universe and the figs and wouldn't trade or sell them for anything. I'm not exactly sure why but I am crazy about them.

Thanks and here's hoping you come across a deal that is great for you somewhere down the road.

John

Offline Catinator

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2012, 12:32:21 PM »
I came accross the books while doing some spring clean-up. I`ve felt a bit the same way - kinda sad.

But seeing the forum still alive and kicking got back the mood to paint my figs further. Might get some of my friends to get back and play.

Regards,

Catinator

Offline JohnL5555

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2012, 09:35:49 PM »
  Well, I started working on some more Mishima a day ago. I also motivated my buddy to finish up his Cap figs. I remain a huge unabashed fan of the Universe. I even bought some more Brotherhood figs recently. Need to work on them too.

Warzone is only dead if you allow it to be.
 ;D

Thanks,

John

Offline MadBrad

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2012, 06:35:31 PM »
  Well, I started working on some more Mishima a day ago. I also motivated my buddy to finish up his Cap figs. I remain a huge unabashed fan of the Universe. I even bought some more Brotherhood figs recently. Need to work on them too.

Warzone is only dead if you allow it to be.
 ;D

Thanks,

John

John, 

That's the spirit!    Hope you get some good games in.   

I am about ready to set up a game for some riends over the next week or two, and I am working on painting up my Trenchers.   
Cybertronic - Superior by design

E-Bay Handle: bradthemad

Offline JohnL5555

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2012, 06:49:54 PM »
  Thanks! Trenchers are very cool figs. Imperial was my first real army. I had some Brotherhood troops. But no army. Imperial just grabbed my interest. First units were Blood Berets. Then picked up supporting units and the Wolfbanes. Lately I have mainly been the Dark Legion player due to my large DL army that's painted up.

I have been going through my WZ books and the magazines lately. It cranks up my excitement level for the WZ universe.  ;)

I was just regluing a Dragon bike and putting some Tiger Dragons together. I have them, some Ashigaru 2 more squads and a Crimson Devil squad along with Combat Warheads, faceless and Hatamoto to finish up. My Mecha just need a final touch.

Like I said. I am absolutely in love with the WZ Universe. My last painted army were my Sons of Rasputin. I'd like to do some Crecentians and Templars.

Too little time and too many figs!

Thanks,

John

Offline micmellon

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2012, 09:04:03 AM »
That is still better then too much time and no figures to paint  ;)  ;D

Not that I have actual spare time but that is a different matter.

I have no time and actual no figs...  :'(
It's just a flesh wound - Black Night

Offline MartianBanshee

• Metal Mayhem
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2012, 06:30:27 PM »
Funny thing, after several moves in which all my minis stayed packed in bubble wrap, the man cave is finally fully operational and this evening I finally unpacked my Warzone for the first time in about six years.  I have absolutely no opponents left in my neck of the woods and have long since moved on to other games.  Have a look at these pics; I may be able to help you out.

1 is the lonliest number that I ever roll.

Offline JohnL5555

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2012, 06:33:28 PM »
  Hey, I empathize. I learned about 30 years ago an important lesson about this hobby. There was a range of figures that I was absolutely in love with. Heritage Lord of the Rings. I did buy some of it but didn't really focus on getting everything I might want since I figured I had plenty of time to pick up what I wanted. I was wrong. The Company filed bankruptcy not too much later. You think Warzone figs are tough to find, well these figs bring a pretty decent price and are very difficult to find in any large lots. Thankfully, you can now buy some from a gent who has acquired the rights to the molds but it's at a premium price for true 25mm figs. The lesson I learned was 'buy what you are interested in when it is available and in as large amounts as you can afford'. Don't delay or place it on the back burner so you can get it later. Later may never come!

Now if the figures went out of production before you jumped into the game, you face the same situation all folks do who come on board after the fact. Not a lot you can do then but just keep hoping. After all, almost 35 years later I came across a gracious gent who sold me he whole Heritage and Custom Cast Lord of the Rings collection (300 plus figs) at a very fair price. So, it can happen!

****EDIT See, MartianBanshee comes out of no where with available figs!  8)

Good luck,

John

That is still better then too much time and no figures to paint  ;)  ;D

Not that I have actual spare time but that is a different matter.

I have no time and actual no figs...  :'(
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 10:20:20 PM by JohnL5555 »