Author Topic: Conversion Showoff!  (Read 98111 times)

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Re: Conversion Showoff!
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2007, 06:31:16 PM »
*Sniff* I can't speak of it!

Now, now Veez, show us on the anotomacally correct miniature where the brotherhood fig touched you.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Wedge

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2007, 10:06:59 PM »
I'd pained me to do it, but the mini was a B-day present for a good friend.  It's the head and shoulder off of a fury elite sergeant.

Offline Jase

« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2007, 02:51:45 AM »
That's pretty funky - lots of detail that draws the eye.

One conversion was for a squad I was doing, I only managed one fig. Idea came from an old Chronicles of the warzone mag (issue 7,8 or 9) for Imperial Trench assault troops. These were armed with either two shot gas sprayers or a flamethrower (both template weapons, totally nasty in a confined space). I took the Trencher HMG and hacked, chopped and filed 50% of the Charger off, leaving the handgrip sections and top. With a bit of milliput and glue, I added the fuel cylinder and nozzles part of a plastic terminator heavy flamer from Space Hulk.

Looks pretty decent as figures go and a darn shame that a Trencher squad doesn't include a gas or flame thrower option (not counting storm trenchers).

Sorry about the crappy photo, its a scan. Plus my painting has improved a hell of a lot.

Jase

"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."

Offline Kaile_Bloodhammer

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2007, 06:39:30 PM »
my conversion for Dark Legion destoyer Sgt

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w186/Design_Machine/WarZone/?action=view&current=IMG_0473.jpg
http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w186/Design_Machine/WarZone/?action=view&current=IMG_0470.jpg

used Chaos Warriors from WHFB and completely sculpted the head as well as moved the arms around a bit.

Iron Panda

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2007, 08:54:20 PM »
Insert Quote
my conversion for Dark Legion destoyer Sgt

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w186/Design_Machine/WarZone/?action=view&current=IMG_0473.jpg
http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w186/Design_Machine/WarZone/?action=view&current=IMG_0470.jpg

That's an awesome conversion!  Really dig the sculpted head.  BTW, how did you convert the gun?

Offline rick88

« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2007, 05:11:52 AM »
 :o fantastic

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2007, 07:02:43 AM »
That is Saweeet!
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Kaile_Bloodhammer

« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2007, 08:08:21 AM »
The gun is a bit from the Ork bike with a gargoyle head from the Spiky bits sprue.

Offline CmdrKiley

• Mini Art of War
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2007, 10:52:07 PM »
Here's one I did a few years ago.

The Cancer Mounted Heavy Machine Gun

I built him using mostly Robogear parts from Tehnolog.  The humanoid torso was a figure from a Milton Bradley game called BattleBall, whom I clipped off at the waist and snipped his arms off.  The crab claws were some bitz from an OOP game called Ronin.

Back in my day we didn't have that fancy non-toxic pewter stuff.  We played with lead, LEAD I TELL YA! and we liked it.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2007, 12:10:23 AM »
I remember seeing it on Minirealms (moment of silence for a lost board)

It captures the look and flair of the fluff like nothing else!

I had been looking at the technolog spider for the bases but what I really wish is to get my hands on the claws!
I think we would all like to see more pics of your stuff.

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2007, 04:28:15 AM »
very sweet cancer!

the guns are a little too big, imho, but not so bad.

cu
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline CmdrKiley

• Mini Art of War
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2007, 10:05:30 AM »
Yeah, the guns are a bit big.  However anything smaller would just seem undersized for this model.  Besides this is The Mutant Chronicles, home of big guns and bigger shoulderpads!
Back in my day we didn't have that fancy non-toxic pewter stuff.  We played with lead, LEAD I TELL YA! and we liked it.

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2007, 01:40:02 PM »
I think it looks great. 
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2007, 01:13:10 PM »
Hi,

not mine, but since i shot some pix for another forum i present you

VeezCon(tm) - Survailor:

cuīs
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline brynolf

« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2007, 01:37:23 PM »
Neat! Must be a Void model originally, right?