Chronopia > Painting & Terrain

Conversion Showoff!

(1/8) > >>

joshuaslater:
Conversion Showoff!
Here's a chance to show your creative conversions for both Warzone and Chronopia.  There are no prizes but a chance to show your work, and spur others on the forum to try new things and improve their skills.  This event will feature more latitude in that you can convert/sculpt using any model, so long as it is based on a RECOGNIZABLE  EE product (scratchbuilding is ok too).   The idea is to create new troops, fill in a model that hasn't been produced yet, or make changes to existing models/troops. The conversions can be small such as repositioning an arm or adding a new weapon to rebuilding the entire model. The model should also be painted.

In progress pics so that other can see how you've done it is also appreciated.

You may enter as many times as you want. The idea is to encourage new ideas after all.

All pics should be posted to the appropriate Chronopia/Warzone painting section on the forum, by March 15th.  The moderators will either create a poll so we can vote for favorites, or judge them.  Winners will receive bragging rights, and will obviously have a cool model to field whenever they want.

Remember to follow all safety instructions and don't jam the pin vice into your thumb, or get superglue in your eyes.  Also be careful with the hobby knives.  I've made too many blood sacrifices to the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter myself.  Now get busy.

chribu:
Maybe i should open a new thread for this, but i don't think it's worth it, as it's just a simple and maybe silly question: are warzone & chronopia models lead-free? would it be safe for kids to put them in their mouth (if unpainted) or at the least if they touch them and then put their hands in their mouths?

PFC joe:
all modern minatures are lead free.

i think

i hope

Gubs:
No lead.  Not doable in the US and I believe the switch from lead to pewter was a few years before Target's time.

PFC joe:
oh good.  that slightly gnawed LI sgt had me worried...

-PFC joe

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version