Author Topic: Meeting Engagement  (Read 8105 times)

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
Meeting Engagement
« on: February 06, 2006, 09:20:19 PM »
The Hamburg Militia and a detchment of Dragoons had been tasked to train with the 4th Hussars in the desert.  The local Kommandant felt that increasing the troops' combat effectiveness in harsh conditions would lead to the militia being better able to provide homeguard, and free up veteran and elite troops for more pressing concerns.

What follows is an excerpt of a surprise encounter on day six of the training exercise.

Hussar Kaptain Petr Ilyushin: "Gutenmorgen, Kommandant, Hauptsteiner. Es ist ein aufrichtiges Vergnügen, Sie uns beaufsichtigen zu lassen, heute." <Good morning, Commandant, Major Steiner.  It is a sincere pleasure to have you oversee us, today.>
Kommandant Ragnar Bjorg: <Good morning, Petr. I hope all is well.  How are the men coping with the heat?> 
Petr:  <These men are a stalwart lot, and have been training hard.  Perhaps, tomorrow, we will allow them to use survival gear.>
Steiner:  <Now that the pleasntries have been dispensed with, perhaps we can discuss a concern of ours.  Kommandant?>
Bjorg:  <Yes, Major.  I understand.  Petr, forgive my abruptness.  There is a matter of urgency that we need to discuss.  In private.>
Petr:  <Sergeant!>
Sgt.:  <Yes, Kaptain?>
Petr:  <Have the men break for lunch.  Only disturb me in an emergency.>
Sgt.:  <Yes, Kaptain.>
Petr:  <This way, Gentlemen.>

Bjorg:  <Petr, how prepared are these men?>
Petr:  <They are coming along nicely, sir, though the desert has taken some out of them.  I expect them to be acclimated in another week, perhaps...>
Steiner:  <We don't have  a week.>
Bjorg:  <Major! Please, continue, Petr.>
Petr:  <Kommandant, what is the nature of this visit?>
Bjorg:  <As direct as your father, you are.  Very well, here it is.  The Legions are upon us.  We recently discovered that there is a Citadel being raised somewhere near the Shift.  Apparently, there has been a subtle recruitment by the heretics.  Luckily, a few managed to escape what was left of their village, and were able to alert us.  We do not have an exact location, so we will have to hunt them.>
Petr:  <These men are not ready for this, yet. They've only drilled within small squads and are only now becoming used to the extreme conditions out here. This would be suicide.>
Steiner:  <Then they will learn by dying. We have no time to waste.>
Bjorg:  <Major, I am well aware of this.  The Kaptain knows these men better than you or I. I insist that you give him the discretion to state his assessment.  Petr, the men will fight, yes?>
Petr:  <Of course, Kommandant.  They will fight, and die, if necessary.  I ask for a week to better prepare them.>
Steiner:  <You have a day.  I want a patrol at first light to go out and start gather intelligence on this situation.>
Petr:  <Yes, Major.  I request that I plan the patrol, as I have a better knowledge of these dunes than yourself.>
Bjorg:  <Major?>
Steniner:  <Very well.>
Petr:  <Thank you, Major, Kommandant.>
Bjorg:  <Dismissed, Petr.>
Petr:  <Jawol, Kommandant.>

Petr left, determined to get his men prepared for what may await them, tomorrow.

Steiner:  <This is not good.>
Bjorg:  <Give Petr some credit, Maximillian.  His father was a good soldier.  He is a good soldier.  I would not have placed him in command had I thought otherwise.>
Steiner:  <Stahler was a good soldier, too, Kommandant.  Now we have to kill him.>
Bjorg:  <I will take that shot, myself, if given the oppurtunity, rest assured, Major.  I will not give the Brotherhood the satisfaction.>

First light saw a few clouds on the horizon.  A storm?  Perhaps, an omen.

MEETING ENGAGEMENT
1200 Points
Level 6 Desert

Bauhaus - Romanov - dmcgee1
1188 PC
  • Ducal Militia - Squad One
    • Sergeant
    • 7 Troopers
    • 2 HMG Specs
  • Ducal Militia - Squad Two
    • Sergeant
    • 7 Troopers
    • 2 HMG Specs
  • Dragoons
    • Sergeant
    • 4 Troopers
    • Sniper
  • Hussars
    • Sergeant
    • 4 Troopers
    • HMG Spec
  • Hussar Kaptain
  • Kommandant
  • Haupt Kaptain Konrad von Juntz
  • Major Max Steiner
  • Hissar Mortar Team
  • Strike Skimmer
    • 2 Strike Kommandos
  • Romanov Blitzers
    • Sergeant
    • 4 Troopers
    • FT Spec
[/size]

Dark Legion - Muawijhe - phillysniper
1188 PC
  • Karnophages - Squad One
    • 5 Karnophages
  • Karnophages - Squad Two
    • 5 Karnophages
  • Karnophages - Squad Three
    • 5 Karnophages
  • Zenithian Soulslayers
    • 4 Zenithian Soulslayers
  • Bhalaeron the Sandman
    • Confusion of Conformity
    • Wind of Insanity

[/size]

more to follow...
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 07:10:53 AM by dmcgee1 »
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
Re: Meeting Engagement
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 10:46:41 PM »
Why do I get the feeling this is going to be very bloody?
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 05:24:11 AM »
Oooooooo very nice build up.
waiting to see the dark legion list your fighting against.

Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline Gallagher_Standard_Barer

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 09:36:00 AM »
hmmm, I'm afraid my money is on Bauhaus, it will of course depend on what the table looks like, but thats at least 5 HMGs and a flamer tough for any CC force to get up close with.

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 10:06:07 AM »
hmmm, I'm afraid my money is on Bauhaus, it will of course depend on what the table looks like, but thats at least 5 HMGs and a flamer tough for any CC force to get up close with.

I agree terrian and how dave deploys his troops is going to be a big factor for dark legion to win this one.
     My basic battle plan going in(if I was using the DL list posted) is find a weak flank, attack it in force then try to steam roll across the rest of the army. But daves a good player that wont be easy.

I'm not sure what level 6 desert would do (dont have my book with me). but it might proved Dark legion a chance to tip the scale to its favor.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 10:13:28 AM by masherking »
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline Gallagher_Standard_Barer

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006, 11:34:40 AM »
I missed that they were playing in level 6 desert, I'll have to check out what that does for them and re-evaluate my prediction.

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2006, 02:02:39 PM »
I missed that they were playing in level 6 desert, I'll have to check out what that does for them and re-evaluate my prediction.

See my comment.

LVL 6 desert means on a 15-20, weapons jam.  Considering there is very little CC in the Haus force and the DL list is CC-heavy,  The Fritzies better hope there are few jams...

Looking at the two lists AND the environment, my coin is on the Legion.  But then I have been victimized by Dave's dice before so anything can happen...
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2006, 03:16:04 PM »
I have to say that the scenario is LOADS of fun. Dave is a great opponent.

Per mutual agreement <to  further the coming story lines> both forces retreated with losses. So this battle could be termed a draw. Im sure Dave will post the complete battle report. Tho it was a draw if we had been playing" To The last " I would have been handed a hurting. I found that Karnophages arent too fond of the sand. I had an entire squad basically on hold for three turns due to the enviornment   :'(  And who knew Ducals could shoot like that?!?!?! :o

As it stands tho the next episode of the scenario should prove interesting  ;D
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2006, 04:36:17 PM »
have to go with the Loonies...love what Karnophages can do if (and when) they get close in HtH...

B.
frothing at the mouth...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2006, 10:33:24 PM »
I have to say that the scenario is LOADS of fun. Dave is a great opponent.

Per mutual agreement <to  further the coming story lines> both forces retreated with losses. So this battle could be termed a draw. Im sure Dave will post the complete battle report. Tho it was a draw if we had been playing" To The last " I would have been handed a hurting. I found that Karnophages arent too fond of the sand. I had an entire squad basically on hold for three turns due to the enviornment   :'(  And who knew Ducals could shoot like that?!?!?! :o

Heh... his dice got you, eh?  As long as you had fun while getting shot, its all good...  Just got to remember Ducals shoot for him like my Light Infantry shoot for me.  I hope ye gave him a very bloody nose...

As it stands tho the next episode of the scenario should prove interesting  ;D

I look forward to reading it!!
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2006, 01:32:58 AM »

Heh... his dice got you, eh?  As long as you had fun while getting shot, its all good...  Just got to remember Ducals shoot for him like my Light Infantry shoot for me.  I hope ye gave him a very bloody nose...

I look forward to reading it!!

Yeah I gave him a bloody nose  ;D

It should prove interesting next time as I get to fight what was left of his army while boosting mine a bit....Now thats a story yet to be written.

Philly
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem