Author Topic: Infiltrators - unit card or deployed models?  (Read 5138 times)

Offline chribu

• Keeping track of all the answers
Infiltrators - unit card or deployed models?
« on: January 21, 2007, 01:54:58 PM »
Are infiltrators deployed as a unit card or as models?
It says "The models may be placed in LOS of enemy models, as long as they are in cover or deployed under MP", but also "The Unit's card may be deployed anywhere...". The two sentences seem to be in contradiction.

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
Re: Infiltrators - unit card or deployed models?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 02:54:45 PM »
As a unit card.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline chribu

• Keeping track of all the answers
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 02:58:00 PM »
Thaaanks!  :)
... scribble scribble - writing everything down on the wiki ...

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 06:26:59 PM »
As a unit card.

Umm I dont think that right.

Infiltrators can be fielded as a unit card or the figs. If you deploy the figs, they must be in cover or they must deploy in MP if they are in LOS. If they arent in LOS then they can deploy as normal. At least thats they way the group I play with understood it and play it.
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Wedge

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 08:43:41 AM »
Infiltrators are deployed as a unit card.  The only difference is that you place the card no closer that 12" from any enemy card during the set up phase.  Furthermore,  infiltrators are set-up AFTER all other cards are deployed onto the board.  This allows you to feign having infiltrators with your false leads or use the false leads as decoys for your real infiltrators. 

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 10:19:10 AM »
I agree with Wedge that's the way I was told how Infiltrators work.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 01:59:02 PM »
As a unit card.

Umm I dont think that right.

Infiltrators can be fielded as a unit card or the figs. If you deploy the figs, they must be in cover or they must deploy in MP if they are in LOS. If they arent in LOS then they can deploy as normal. At least thats they way the group I play with understood it and play it.

Other way around, Bryon.  If they set up in LOS of the enemy, they must be in cover or in MP.  Further, the models must be placed on the board.  If the unit card is set out of LOS of the enemy, then it may stay a card until it is activated.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2007, 02:00:49 PM »
Infiltrators are deployed as a unit card.  The only difference is that you place the card no closer that 12" from any enemy card during the set up phase.  Furthermore,  infiltrators are set-up AFTER all other cards are deployed onto the board.  This allows you to feign having infiltrators with your false leads or use the false leads as decoys for your real infiltrators. 

False leads may not be used as infiltrators unless you, actually, have infiltrators in your army; i.e.:  if I bring a force that has no infiltrators, my false leads must be setup as regular units.  If I have infiltrators in my army, then I may use false leads as infiltrators.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Wedge

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2007, 02:28:55 PM »
False leads may not be used as infiltrators unless you, actually, have infiltrators in your army

I assumed that was a given, but thanks for clarifying.