Author Topic: fire mission  (Read 4105 times)

Offline micmellon

fire mission
« on: April 01, 2011, 06:24:01 AM »
A friend of me found the follow section in the UWZ rule book. I think it is page 59.

"...There are several types of Fire Missions available to a Force Commander: each is
designed to complete different objectives during a conflict. Each type is listed under the
Special Rules section of an army's Force Commander, along with their cost. While the
methods of deployment and Battery type of the army farces may differ, their types and
effects are the same.."

Does this mean that there are extra point costs for the fire missions? An that each force commander can only order a special type and not all off the available fire missions. Can that be?

Personally I think that the point cost is already included in the cost of the forward observer and all real force commander can call each type. I'm correct or is there something missing in the book?

It's just a flesh wound - Black Night

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
Re: fire mission
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 08:33:21 AM »
Each faction has its own choice of two available missions.  Bauhaus, for example, has the 240 mm Tapered Bore Helga Cannon and the V-120 Delivered Donnerschlag AV Pod.  Therefore, as long as the army fits the criteria to have a Force Commander (six squads, three officers and one Force Commander) and a Forward Observer (F.O.) model, then one of either mission may be called into play each turn, for no additional cost (meeting the requirements is the cost).

The sentence, "...army's Force Commander, along with their cost" is misleading.

Does that clear it up?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 08:35:01 AM by dmcgee1 »
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline micmellon

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 11:36:06 AM »
Thx!
It's just a flesh wound - Black Night

Offline Doompup

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 04:28:06 PM »
I'm glad you asked about this. I've been reviewing my rulebook lately in preparation for T5 and was thinking the same question.