Author Topic: I ****ing hate Depression  (Read 17158 times)

Offline Glenn M

I ****ing hate Depression
« on: April 01, 2011, 03:31:17 AM »
*Ranting, feel free to ignore or comment as you see fit*

My wife has depression issues, always has for as long as I've known her.  She's been hospitalized twice in the past, and I just had to make her do it again.  Talk about feeling ****ty, having to force someone you love to stay in a place like that is just miserable.  Now I've got to take off work for a few weeks and take care of the kids and house, which isn't a big deal (thankfully I have like 2 months of sick time, so it's all paid).  What always makes this suck more is keeping her family OUT of the loop.  You try convincing your mother in law that she makes her daughters life harder and more miserable every time she opens her damned yapper.  Thankfully, unlike before we have a few really close friends that weren't there before.  She already put our best friend on the visitors list, which consists of just me and our friend so far, she can't stand the thought of anyone seeing her like this. 
It's just gonna be a ****ty couple of weeks. 

*rant over with, return to your regularly scheduled gaming*

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
Re: I ****ing hate Depression
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 04:58:17 AM »
Taking care of someone who is clinically depressed is no picnic.  I hope she gets the right care and medication.  It makes all the difference.

Hang in there mate.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 05:56:27 AM »
Thanks, I'll get to visit her tonight, then tomorrow I am going down again with our friend.  Hopefully that'll help brighten her day a bit.  Personally, I find hospitals depressing all the time, no matter what is going on. 

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 06:10:26 AM »
You take care of her and the kids and come here and vent as much as you need. We are here for you
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 08:12:10 AM »
I have experienced (toa  lesser degree) what you are experiencing, and have a frriend who is going through similar issues with his wife.  Remain true and strong, and rely on us to be your sounding board.  We can take it.  =)
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Horned Owl

• Hoot!
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 08:56:40 AM »
You are there when your wife needs you, and you have the strength to help her. Thank God for people like you.

I know your situation from personal experience in my circle of friends, and I know two partners who could not take the strain and ducked out. Clinical depression is terribly hard on the partner. You have to remind yourself many times when you´re getting flak and abuse that it´s not your loving partner speaking but the depression. It´s like hearing a complete stranger talking.

I do not believe in demonic possession, but depression or bipolar disorder is as close as it gets. It takes a lot of strength and love to stick it out with your partner. I´m glad there are loyal partners like you.
"How was I supposed to know he was an unarmed man? His back was to me."

Offline MadBrad

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 02:44:54 PM »
Sorry that you are having to live through a tough time, but I hope that everything works out, and your wife gets the help she needs. 

Vent, as needed.  Repeat as needed. 

Positive thoughts headed your way!
Cybertronic - Superior by design

E-Bay Handle: bradthemad

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 06:02:28 AM »
Thanks for the props guys.  I went to see her last night, she seems to be doing a bit better, despite looking like crap (hospitals just tend to do that though don't they) .

Our friend Erica is coming down today with me, it'll be nice to have someone to talk to that I can explain my feelings too as well. 

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2011, 04:30:38 AM »
Yesterdays visit went pretty good.  I know my wife was happy to spend a little time with one of her friends. 
The hospital was originally keeping her on a 72 hour observation period, and have yet to mention extending it.  Therefore it is likely she could be home as early as tomorrow.  I know better than to count on it though.  But it would be nice to have my wife home, the kiddos are missing her pretty hard core.  I'm not much better though, she's always here.

Erica and I decided to have a shindig when she get's out.  But I figure I'll give her a few days before having much company.  Until then I'll try to limit it to one or 2 at a time. 

Anyways, thanks for listening.  This is the singularly best forum I've ever been a part of. 

Offline Petru5

• Keeping eastern KC an UWZ!!!
    • Conn-Man Games blog
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2011, 12:19:32 PM »
Keep fighting the good fight, brother.  It sounds like you're handling a bad situation well.  Lets hope she gets home soon!
"Game over, man! Game over!"
-Private Hudson

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2011, 08:51:50 AM »
SHE"S HOME!!!  Now I am gonna hang out with her :D

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2011, 05:36:03 PM »
Excellent news, sir.  We're still here for ya.   :)
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2011, 08:21:15 AM »
Great news!
Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2011, 04:19:01 PM »
I know I haven't posted anything about this in a while.  She's been recovering much more slowly this time than before, but she is doing well.  She's been a lot more active and is more capable of working within her limits.  She get's panic attacks still around lots of people, but she does ok grocery shopping and the like, but she can't drive without freaking out.  But overall she is doing well and seems to be recovering well, slowly sure, but well. 

Offline Horned Owl

• Hoot!
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2011, 05:51:00 AM »
Best wishes for her recovery! Good to hear she´s better.
"How was I supposed to know he was an unarmed man? His back was to me."