Author Topic: UWZ - the Dark Legion "feeling"  (Read 25812 times)

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
Re: UWZ - the Dark Legion "feeling"
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2011, 08:31:11 PM »

Here's a sample failed morale table i would have no problems with for Necrobiotics:

1 - 5: The unit will move in a random direction next turn, whatever obscure motive they got.

6 - 10: the unit will try to charge the closest enemy next turn, or spend all actions moving toward it.

11 - 15: the unit will fire at the closest enemy (or shout wildly if unarmed) for 1 single action next turn, they may do no other actions. If they have more than one ranged weapon, select one.

16-20: The unit will fire at the closest unit, friend or foe, for one single action next turn, or shout wildly if unarmed. They may do no other action.  If they have more than one ranged weapon, your opponent shall select one.

So whatever the unit, failing a Ld check will have consequences, but no longer will they behave like mortals fearful of death or damnation. I would expect necromutants to sometimes charge in no-man's land, or even shoot at their own "comrades", either seen as enemies or to vent off rage. They are still effectively fighting, but tactically dumb without a Nepharite's iron will.

This is a suggestion for a new rule.  It's not a question, anymore, of why they may or may not be subject to battlefield stesses.  I don't have a problem with that, but, wanted to ensure that I understood what you were trying to convey.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Oakwolf

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2011, 10:03:52 PM »
Well the discussion evolved, just thought i'd post that here to remember the idea when i come back to it  ;).

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2011, 05:08:50 AM »
Works for me.  I have, actually, enjoyed the conversation.  Your perspective is not unusual, and it is worthy of debate.  If nothing else, it shows that there is passion for the game and that others do, indeed, tend to agree with you.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!