Author Topic: Step by step section ?  (Read 4666 times)

Offline Lopis

Step by step section ?
« on: February 04, 2011, 06:33:56 AM »
Hi to all!

I wanted to ask if itīs possible and interesting for others to create another child-board in this section.

The idea is to do a step-by-step section, where creation of models can be seen in different stages of progress to have the opportunity to get a better hint of how itīs done.
What would be  especially interesting for me would be to see the paint schemes of other members here and how they get the final look.
E.g. what colors to use in what manner and order, which washes coating.
I think itīs better understandable if itīs shown in different stages with the pic of progress than to read how it was done.
It makes it easier to try to copy or just get a hint of getting better results with the personal work or to get just an idea of whatīs possible.
And a good section to refer to without having to search the whole board to find a thread where possibly is something interesting in that direction.

Same works for clever conversions or casting/molding (which has some threads already which would find a good home in such a section).
Which parts were used, which material works best.

As said itīs the same for boards and structures for your favourite battlefield.

If thereīs interest I could contribute some pics of my conversions (just let me know).

Generally itīs a question for the board-hoster, but I wanted to hear, if thereīs interest at all (besides my own ;-))
So please give it some thought and give your opinion.
Solus honor cladem avertat !

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
Re: Step by step section ?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 02:34:27 AM »
What we also could do is create a sticky painting/conversion thread where we put in links to really good posts.

That way anyone who thinks something is worthy of inclusion there can post it in the sticky. Then us mods can clean up the thread periodically so it does not get too long (basically updating the first post in the thread).