Talaminiatures > Chronopia FAQ

[2nd edition] Ring of Fire (red lotus spell)

(1/2) > >>

Oakwolf:
Hello, another question here.

I wonder about the Ring of Fire spell.

Can the Red Lotus Eater cast more than one of those at a time?

In some scenarios this could pretty much sceal a game (things like take and hold, defend a bridge, etc)

joshuaslater:
I've seen four or five of these in effect on a board.  You can cast as many times as you are successful.  It's only Summoning that limits you to three castings in a game.

aoi cobalt:
Actually Josh, the rule is you may Summon as many times as the summoner has actions. All summoning models happen to have 3 actions, but if a new model were to have only 2 actions (for example) it could only Summon twice.

Oakwolf:
There's a bit of an issue if you can plant 4-5 of those templates on a board...i mean for a normal bash, it's not a problem as you can go around it, it's when it comes to scenarios that the spell gets very gimmicky.

Cross the bridge: just cast that thing on the bridge and it's game over (imagine two).

Take and hold: a bit like the bridge, it can prevent access to the objective.

Sieges: cast in front of the gate.

Doing residual damage 12, only the most powerful pieces in the game can dare to go through a single time, let alone the other side.

While fluffy and worthy of a "fire bender" movie style, it can transform a game to a non-issue quickly.

Oakwolf:
so would the spell be counted as one of the summonings one can maintain?

It is a game-breaker spell if not limited in one way or another, especially vs low/mid armor factions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version