Author Topic: [2nd ed.] Question - Actions and attacks for some peculiar units (solved)  (Read 4842 times)

Offline Oakwolf

Hello, i'd like to understand how some attack/action works for a few peculiar type of units.

1. Mounted troops
I can read that actions of mounts and riders are separate. From that, i would assume that they spend actions separately, but wonder if it is the correct way.

example: a mount with 2 actions, the rider with 3 actions. If the mount moves and charges, how many actions are left for the riders? (i.e. are the move actions deducted from both rider and mount?)

2. Ophidian (Stygian)The ophidian has two different natural attacks (bite/tail), but doesn't have the "Secondary attack" rule, so i wondered when did it use the lower damage one?

Thanks for your time and please keep in mind that i am new at Chronopia  :D
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 06:49:26 AM by Oakwolf »

Offline aoi cobalt

Re: [2nd ed.] Question - Actions and attacks for some peculiar units
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 01:19:37 PM »
Hello, i'd like to understand how some attack/action works for a few peculiar type of units.

1. Mounted troops
I can read that actions of mounts and riders are separate. From that, i would assume that they spend actions separately, but wonder if it is the correct way.

example: a mount with 2 actions, the rider with 3 actions. If the mount moves and charges, how many actions are left for the riders? (i.e. are the move actions deducted from both rider and mount?)

Page 57-58.
This covers rules for mounted troops, and has the answer to your question.
Yes, if the mount moves, the rider has to expend an action to also move.
"Bring your best dice or bring a good brick." - Thom

Offline Oakwolf

Re: [2nd ed.] Question - Actions and attacks for some peculiar units
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 01:50:45 PM »
Thanks :) and do you have an idea for the ophidian thingie?

Ah...rats, just found the answer. All natural attacks can be used as 1 action.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 06:50:00 AM by Oakwolf »

Offline Nikodemus

• Journeyman
Re: [2nd ed.] Question - Actions and attacks for some peculiar units (solved)
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 11:27:16 PM »
Hi

I think I have to disagree with the answer to the mounted units use of actions.

It states on pg 57 that both the rider and the mount have to spend actions simultaneously. But not the that they have to perform the same action. See the example in the same paragrapgh for spotting and shooting. It clearly states that the rule covers a mount moving while the rider is shooting as both are spending theier action simultaneously (mount: Move action / rider: shoot action).

So the mount has to spend an action to move but the rider can use his actions for other things.