Author Topic: Ashnagaroth AV?  (Read 4331 times)

Offline Kaile_Bloodhammer

Ashnagaroth AV?
« on: September 09, 2010, 10:46:32 AM »
I was looking through the rule book today while working on some of my marine rules and I saw that the Ashnagaroth has an AV value of 4.  The problem with this is that the weapon's DM is already 14, making it 18 against almost all vehicles.  I saw no mention of it in the FAQ so I thought I'd ask.  Mind you I have no problem with this, but I am going to assume that this is a typo.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 10:48:04 AM by Kaile_Bloodhammer »

Offline Lopis

Re: Ashnagaroth AV?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 01:42:30 PM »
The dexription gives it as a "lighter" version of the nazgaroth, so original Damage 10 with AV 4 to a value of 14 seems possible and likely to me, but I´m not that deep into the DL to estimate the balancing.

So the DAM 14 is possible too...

I vote for 10, but I would give that question to the FAQ team ;-)
Solus honor cladem avertat !

Offline Oakwolf

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 06:27:49 PM »
I believe it was intended.

The value might seem high, but the Nazgaroth has 11(x2) damage while the Ashnagaroth has 14.

Both have AV-4, meaning the Nazgaroth is always statistically more effective against vehicles (% of inflicting a wound)

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 06:57:18 PM »
I was looking through the rule book today while working on some of my marine rules and I saw that the Ashnagaroth has an AV value of 4.  The problem with this is that the weapon's DM is already 14, making it 18 against almost all vehicles.  I saw no mention of it in the FAQ so I thought I'd ask.  Mind you I have no problem with this, but I am going to assume that this is a typo.

Oakwolf is correct, I believe.

To my knowledge, this is not a typo.  Remember that AV ratings (bonuses) are only used against models with Invulnerable SA; not every vehicle has that.  It is, indeed, a hefty weapon, but it is intended to be so.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 06:59:14 PM by dmcgee1 »
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Kaile_Bloodhammer

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 03:53:34 PM »
Well...I'm glad its my gun.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 03:43:41 AM »
Anytime you and your Chirping Cricket waqnna come over and be shown the power of the Bauhaus side, please, do so.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!