Author Topic: Tentative Date for Talamania V  (Read 61593 times)

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
Re: Tentative Date for Talamania V
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2010, 01:40:19 PM »
Excellent
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2010, 10:35:41 AM »
I'll Pass the word around with
nj crew.

I should be free. Put me for a yes.
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2010, 06:23:33 AM »
Very good, very good.  It is all coming together quite nicely.

If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2010, 06:52:55 AM »
Only 6 months left for all the procrastinaters that need lots of time to plan.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2010, 09:19:30 AM »
OK, great. I will do my best to have a 100% painted army and a new board for the event.
Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2011, 07:19:26 AM »
A little less than 4 months to go.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Doompup

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2011, 05:55:08 PM »
I'm going to have to make a painting schedule to get some squads ready.

Offline Seamus

• Branch Incentives
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2011, 06:14:26 AM »
I will also tentatively commit to this date.  I've been wanting to go to one of these events but something always seems to get in the way.  I have it on my calendar and depending on the state of my finances, I will be there.  Dave, could you send me your address and a contact phone number privately so I can plan for a motel close by where you live.  Also, make some suggestions of reasonably priced places.  I know there is crash space offered but as I get older, I like certain creature comforts too much to give them up.  Plus I might talk my new wife into coming.  She isn't a gamer but she has never been to the Philadelphia area.  She has been after me to plan a vacation to DC and I thought, hmmm, maybe I can work it so that we spend a few days in a DC then head up to Philadephia and spend some time there also.

Another questions, what point size are the armies for various games both Warzone and Chronopia.  I would love to get into a very large game that lasted all weekend.   
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 06:52:56 AM by Seamus »
Seamus Muadhen
eBay: branchenterprisesinternational
email: dkidd23 AT yahoo DOT com

There is no security on this earth, there is only opportunity.
General Douglas MacArthur
US WWII general & war hero (1880 - 1964)

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2011, 07:45:18 AM »
Dave will give you the hotel info, there are several within 1-2 miles of his house. I used the red roof inn last year. As far as army sizes we generally play 750 or 1000 pt games to get in more games against different people. We will also be having a chariot race as long as Bill attends. ;D

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2011, 08:33:15 AM »
My address and phone number are easily found online or in a PA (philadelphia area) phone book.

Therefore:
David McGee
701 Delaware Ave
Norwood, PA 19074
484-494-7348

The best place to locate a hotel/motel closest to me is in the boroughs of Essington and Lester just west of Philadelphia Int'l Airport.  Any hotel located here is less than 3 minutes from my location, and there are at least two decent diners, and one Ruby Tuesday's within a mile or two.  Also, within blocks of my house are several reasonably priced local restaurants (The Trieste (Italian), Da Chen (Asian) and the Erin Pub (seafood)).  There are fast food joints, Dunkin' Donuts and plenty of other stores (Wawa; our regional 7-11, but much, much better).

If there are any questions, please, ask.  I have little experience with the hotels, though Phil (Dragon62) and others would be able to shed more light as to their quality and convenience.

- Dave

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2011, 05:23:03 AM »
Right at the end of 420 where it meets Rt 291 (Industrial Hwy), there is the following (according to Google)

Red Roof
Motel 6
Wyndamn Gardern
Comfort Inn

Red Roof looks like it is really further down the road from the Airport but its still in the 7-10 minute commute range (due to traffic)

Be wary of the directions Google Maps gives you- Delaware Ave is a One Way (or so I nearly got ticketed for :) ) on NYE.  Look at teh map and go Mohawk to Seneca to Delaware.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2011, 07:13:29 AM »
The red roof is right there 1/4 mile at most. Thats where I stayed last year.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2011, 07:28:14 PM »
Mr McGee as we get closer to the event if there is any help you need in setup i'am willing to lend a hand.

Phil, you're always welcomed here, bud.  As for help, what we should need from you is your massive amounts of lead and terrain.  Other than that, your presence is advised, too.

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2011, 09:27:34 AM »
I can help set up Friday night and of course will bring my terrain etc.

Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2011, 09:51:56 AM »
About 2 1/2 months away hope everyone can attend.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69