Author Topic: (UWZ) Necrobiotic Masters vs Zombie Masters  (Read 2884 times)

Offline Oakwolf

(UWZ) Necrobiotic Masters vs Zombie Masters
« on: September 03, 2010, 04:57:58 PM »
Hello, i am learning UWZ after a long, long time in the 1st edition and the rpg, so I am a bit confused at the rules when it comes to "Necrorganic" leaders. and i am pretty sure i'm not the only "new" player who is.

I've searched in the FAQs but didn't find a clear statement. There are apparently two ways for a unit to take over necrorganics:

1. the special ability "Zombie Master"

That's the most obvious part of the ruling. The units who have it are logical too:

Necromutant leader, Soulslayer Tyrant, Spawn of Demnogonis, Centurion Preceptor, Curator and Ragathol (maybe some have escaped me)

This ability could have been given to a mortal or any other classification, but all those who have it are necrobiotic.

1. the classification "Necrobiotic Masters"

There doesn't seems to be any necrobiotic master in any unit classification, which is where we are told to look for in the Necrobiotic definition on p 35

"Some necrobiotic models are or sufficient power to be able to command Necrorganic models. These are designed as Necrobiotic Masters in their classification"..

Was it omitted? Would it explain why nepharites cannot take over from necromuntants?  Curiously enough, almost all the "incapable" nepharites are necrobiotic channelers. Most intriguing is that Mortis the Virulent can raise blessed legionnaires, but not command them  :-X.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 05:01:07 PM by Oakwolf »