Author Topic: WGF Shock Troops review  (Read 4604 times)

Offline Kaile_Bloodhammer

WGF Shock Troops review
« on: August 13, 2010, 03:57:56 PM »
As we all know Wargames Factory has produced a plastic set of general Sci-Fi great coat infantry.  I recently picked up a box and they are a definite worth picking up. 

First, pricing.  At about $20 for a box of 18 you get plenty of models for the amount your spending.  Unlike some companies I could mention, with these you get what you pay for. 
Next, quality.  First, the sprues are quite nice, pictures can be found here. As you can see in the link the sprue comes with all kinds of niftiness; two sets of rifles command arms, and a hand full of little bits on each sprue. 

Even after seeing the sprues for these guys and having purchased the WGF Zombies I was still a bit skittish bout how they would go together.  Here was where this took a bit of a  down turn.  After removing the pieces from the sprues I found that on some of the guns and other pieces that there was bits that pulled around the different parts and were difficult to remove without damaging the piece.  I found putting the models together was fairly simple, however it took some adjusting as on the torsos where the arms go is not always obvious.  Also when putting on some pieces I found that some minor cutting was almost necessary to get the models to fit right.

Other then those two minor problems they have been a dream.  Nice models, reasonably priced, they go together without having a brain aneurysm. 

Over all WGF Shock Troops get a B+

Offline MadBrad

• Member Emeritus
Re: WGF Shock Troops review
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 06:33:05 PM »
Great review!   I'm sure lots of us are looking at these figs as proxies. 
Cybertronic - Superior by design

E-Bay Handle: bradthemad