Author Topic: Size of Base  (Read 4903 times)

Offline Anomander_Rake

• Fortune favours the brave
Size of Base
« on: January 19, 2006, 06:02:05 AM »
is there a standard of the size of a base? Ok, there are bases for size two models, but what is the size of a model with size 3 or greater?

The bases included with Trolls and Adamantite Golem look nearly the same...or will the base of greater models be matching to the size of the miniature?
It's better to be silent and thought the fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
Re: Size of Base
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 06:43:57 AM »
I've talked to Thom about this, and others, and I still can't remember any official ruling.  Whatever they're packaged with should be fine, but I've found that it's better to use the 30mm display bases on models like the Ogres, Troll, Dusk Realm Demon, etc.  The 40mm ones just get in the way. 
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Wedge

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 09:03:26 AM »
I think that a standardized base size is appropriate.  For upright standing models, I think that size 1 and 2 models should have the typical 1" base, and size 3 and 4 models should have a 1.5" base.  All other larger models should have a specific mounted model base, or a chariot base, or something specific for it's relative size.  Oddly shapped bases, like the Abyss Crawler leaves room for arguments when tramples occur.  Standardizing these kinds of models could only be beneficial to gameplay.

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 09:06:50 AM »
I feel ya, Wedge.  Some kind of standard might be beneficial.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Gubs

• Prophet Miniatures
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2006, 09:16:39 PM »
Definitely agree on standarization. And 40mm bases will not be too big for ogres.  New ones anyway.  Uhh, hypothetically. ;)