Author Topic: RTV rubber and resin figure duplication  (Read 3916 times)

zotrus666x

RTV rubber and resin figure duplication
« on: June 23, 2010, 06:40:01 AM »
Hi, im new to the forums.. since figures are so hard to come by nowadays i was wondering if anyone has tried molding their own figs. just so you know, you can get some quick dry alumilite for like $20 at misterart.com. im working on perfecting molds at the moment and wondered if anyone had any advice?

zotrus666x

Re: RTV rubber and resin figure duplication
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 06:57:46 AM »
to clarify, this is just duplicating existing figures, not making new sculps. although ive been picking up figures with easily cut out weapons to try to make mods

zotrus666x

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 07:46:24 AM »
ooh, as a matter of fact, i did not. but when you mix the 2 part resin the reaction gets super hot. i had some bubbles in the necromutant and legionaires, but i used seige pawns for those the chasseurs turned out pretty well. my biggest problem is making sure the mixture gets evenly spread through the mold. i have feetless and backless products a lot

zotrus666x

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 08:00:46 AM »
thats a pretty good idea. i was looking at the necromower and it looks like a pretty easy copy, looking forward to try that

zotrus666x

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 08:12:00 AM »
my next attempt im going to try to make the molds more interlocking and im going to put a ridge around the fig to try to prevent leakage and what would be flash on a pewter mini

Offline Kaile_Bloodhammer

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 10:14:14 AM »
I have a PDF on how to make molds for Warzone stuff.  Anyone who wants it drop me your e-mail and I'll send it out to you.