Author Topic: Thank you  (Read 11413 times)

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
Thank you
« on: May 30, 2010, 07:57:20 AM »
Wow!

Okay, it's been about a week, now, and I feel a bit recovered from last weekend.  I will try to get all the pics posted, today.

Thank you, ladies and gentlemen.  Once again, you made this all worthwhile.  I know that I am not the only one that feels that way.  I firmly believe that each of you made it as enjoyable for every other person there, as they did for you, and I include myself in that rather cyclical symbiosis (holy crap, where did that alliteration come from?).

I would like to take this oppurtunity to channel Josh Slater, and "lay down some gratitude" to someone who would not ever ask for the recognition, no matter how desparately it was deserved.

Jeff "jjdodger" Dodge did as much if not more than me in getting the house setup to receive you.  He put up with my crankiness, my indecisiveness, and my lack of motivation.  He kicked me in the ass the entire way, contributed to the man-hours and made himself available (we got virtually no gaming in during the month or two leading up to T4!).  He was always on the lookout for ways to improve the process, the setup, and the lighting and provided all kinds of technical help and knowledge.  Without Jeff, we may not even have had Army Builder at our disposal.  Truly, credit is due, and I hope is given.

Jeff, thanks.  This would not have been nearly as fun as it was without your help.

If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
Re: Thank you
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 02:45:08 PM »
Much well deserved recognition but incomplete without kudos to you and Mrs. McGee. You have opened your home and hearts to us all for 4 years now and we appreciate it whether we have made 1 or all Talamania events. Thank you both.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
Re: Thank you
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 02:13:49 AM »
Much well deserved recognition but incomplete without kudos to you and Mrs. McGee. You have opened your home and hearts to us all for 4 years now and we appreciate it whether we have made 1 or all Talamania events. Thank you both.

Amen to that.  I've made the previous three of these and plan on the next one... and all I can say is Mare is a saint for letting her house get invaded by a bunch of gamers.  For that, I thank her too.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y