Author Topic: WHFB Beast Clans  (Read 15336 times)

Offline insan0

Re: WHFB Beast Clans
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2010, 02:46:04 PM »
Nice, I hadn't been keeping track of Mantic as of late, I will keep an eye on there progress with the Dwarfs.

I did order 2 bolt throwers and an organ gun from Black Tree Design. After placing the order I started to search for some reviews on BTD,.... Apparently most miniatures are better then the low quality pictures they use. However, there shipping times and customer service seem to be terrible. From what I gathered I will receive them,.... eventually.

I have finished cleaning up a unit of Vulture marksmen but the Blood bone gauntlet I just bought have some pretty horrible mould lines and are delaying my progress.
Pictures to come soon, then I am on the war machine crew and warrior command group.

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2010, 03:53:03 PM »
If they are instock your shipment will be fine, if not, they'll have to cast it first, good luck.

Offline insan0

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2010, 10:44:46 AM »
I am looking forward to the Dwarf  sculpts 4A is going to be releasing. Going to be picking up three of the Marksmen, one to lead my unit of crossbows seen below and the second as an engineer on one of the bolt throwers. Someone mentioned doing a simple weapon swap and using him as a legion leader. It's such a good idea I will give it a shot.

So in anticipation of some fresh Vulture brethren here is the cleaned up unit of crossbows.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 10:47:15 AM by insan0 »

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2010, 08:33:34 AM »
 It was Josh that mentioned using the Marksman as an alternative Leader.Should work very well.Following this project and need to get mine moving  :-[.

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2010, 08:52:04 AM »
I've been out carousing and chasing tail.  Not a lot of painting.  The new Dwarves from Four A should shame me into finishing up my Vultures.

I have a bunch painted, even after selling some to insanO, but I'm working on a GW Foundation Red/Army Painter dip scheme which I've used on my CAV models.  Here's hoping it translates well.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline insan0

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2010, 06:43:16 PM »
The promise of a local WHFB campaign has rekindled my interest in this project. I have set about basing some new units and working on the command groups.

Here is a rough 1000point army shot. I hope to play some of my first WHFB in the coming days.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 04:58:24 PM by insan0 »

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2010, 01:23:32 AM »
 Looking very good so far.I see that the Vulture clan have brought with them the mighty egg of doom too  ;D.

Offline MassDistortion

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2010, 04:38:12 AM »
NOOOO! NOT THE EGG!

Offline Von Koss

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2010, 04:04:17 PM »
Very nice insan0!  Do keep us updated on the army's progress in the campaign.

I was thinking about your army a short time ago and you might could try using Horned one spearmen for thunderers.  You could then just find suitable bits for the guns and maybe a "cut down" version of the Kroot rifles might just fit.  Not to mention the Horned Ones spearmen could stand in as Bolt Thrower crewmen. 

Horned One Axe-Horn warriors for Slayers...

Horned One Warshields (without the shields) for Dwarf Rangers (great weapons & crossbows=  :) )...

use two of the crewmen you have now and find an appropriate Dwarf round shield of your taste and put another champion of choice on the shield and you've got a Dwarf Lord& Shield bearers  ready for a scrap!  I could go on and on. 

Good Luck!
Total models painted for the year 2011: 14

<The Goal: exceed 534 painted models in one year>
*End Date: Dec. 25th 2011*
2010- 294 (fail)

Offline insan0

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2010, 11:31:27 AM »
I should have noticed. The egg is a pear ornament which is odd seeing as my girlfriend and I don't like pears.

As far as your suggestions Von Koss, I have been thinking along the same lines. I have a rough 'counts-as' list in my head that I should write down some time.
Warshields on the other hand... I would still have to convince myself to like the models. I am looking forward to seeing some new dwarfs from 4A, with plans for some rank and file I hope to see another ranger.

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2010, 01:35:44 PM »
 I really hope to have a few more released before the end of the year.If all else fails I will send the greens away and sell a few master copies to forum members to cover costs.How does that sound?

The force looks great so far and I cant wait to see it all painted up.Just wish I could sort mine out too  ;D.

Offline insan0

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2010, 02:53:37 PM »
After some brainstorming this is the current 'counts-as' list. Using the WHFB list and fitting Chronopia miniatures to the list I am left with some miniatures I would like to use. There are also a fair amount of sculpts not used/listed feel free to suggest, keeping in mind its hard to find some of the EE sculpts.

Characters
Lord/Thane - Vulture talon lord
Battle Standard - 4A Vulture marksmen conversion
Slayers - Axe-Horn champion
Engineers - Jackal clan scouts
Rune Lord/Smith - Keeper, Horn-Skull champion
*Anvil of Doom - Could use a Blood Totem as an altar?

Infantry
Warriors - B.B. Clawsmen, H.O. Swordsmen, D.T. Darkstars
Longbeards - Vulture Swordsmen
Quarrelers - Vulture crossbows
Thunderers - B.B. Axemen
Rangers - ?
Miners - D.T. Dark-Axe warriors
Hammerers - Vulture mallet warriors
Ironbreakers - Dragon clan slaves
Slayers - Axe-Horn warriors

War Machines by clan
Bolt thrower - Vulture
Gyrocopter - Vulture
Cannon - Blood-Bone
Organ Gun - Blood-Bone
Grudge[stone] Thrower - Horned-Ones
Flame Cannon - Dark-Tusk

Allies/Dogs of War?
Horned-Ones spearmen - I have enough for a full unit of 20 with command. If I can base the unit without everyone impaling there comrades.
Horned & Tusked Raiders - Allied Cavalry?

Poor Wolf Clan, even the Dragon and Jackal make an appearance.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 02:58:58 PM by insan0 »

Offline Von Koss

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2010, 06:45:58 PM »
I'm going to have to look around my dwarf collections and have a little "think" on these conversion/ counts-as  possibilities you speak of as now I'm curious.

But the Totem/Anvil and Dragon clan Slaves/Iron breakers is just a fand**ntastic idea.   Some karma for you sir.
Total models painted for the year 2011: 14

<The Goal: exceed 534 painted models in one year>
*End Date: Dec. 25th 2011*
2010- 294 (fail)