Author Topic: Question about LMG/SMG/HMGs etc and also Leaders  (Read 4954 times)

Offline Doompup

Question about LMG/SMG/HMGs etc and also Leaders
« on: March 20, 2010, 11:46:36 AM »
While mentally preparing myself for Talamania 4, I've been reading the rules again. This may seem like a silly question, but it was unclear to me from the rulebook:
When a weapon has 2(x2) under "Point Blank" for instance, does that mean you take two separate shots with that bonus, or multiply the bonus by 2? And if the "x2" is under damage instead, is that 2 separate damages, or just the listed one multiplied?

Second question: I was looking at some Crescentian untis (for example, Jihad Infantry) and they have no Sgt listed. If I were fielding them, do I just nominate 1 trooper as the defacto leader, or how does that work?
Thanks in advance

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
Re: Question about LMG/SMG/HMGs etc and also Leaders
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 12:25:16 PM »
In the example 2(x2) that would read +2 to hit and 2 shots per action. Each is a seperate die with any +/- added to each die roll. Caveat - Best I can remember w/o book while trying to help 1 daughter with computer and planning dinner
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 09:10:46 PM »
Also when it says x2 under damage. exsample 11x2 dam would be each successful hit would cause model to make 2 armor saves. For leaderless squads generally the first model to activate is squad leader for purpose of command distance for that turn.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Doompup

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 08:16:10 AM »
Thank you both for the knowledge and replies. That helps greatly.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 02:42:52 PM »
Officially, I back up all answers given, thus far.  As usual, Hal and Dragon are top-notch purveyors of accuracy in rules.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!