Author Topic: "Mutant Terror Bird" available for pre-order  (Read 62063 times)

Offline Alxbates

"Mutant Terror Bird" available for pre-order
« on: February 02, 2010, 05:57:26 AM »
Hello folks,

I've had a few requests for my "Mutant Terror Bird" figure, but I'm still a ways away from being able to have it cast in metal.  Real life keeps getting in the way of my miniatures...

So, in order to get the figure in to production more quickly, I've decided to offer it for pre-order.

The figure should be of interest to Chronopia players, as the design is inspired by this Chronopia artwork by Adrian Smith, depicting Vulture Clan Dwarven Blood Totems:

I need about 25 pre-orders to pay for the casting in its entirety, but every order that I get will make it easier for me to have the figures cast in metal.

The pre-order price does NOT include shipping - shipping will depend on the weight of the finished figures.  I'll post shipping details when the figure returns from the caster, and send invoices to everyone who pre-orders once I've got the information.

If you'd like to pre-order one (or more!) of these Mutant Terror Birds, send me $14 (US Dollars) for each bird by Paypal to: Alxbates@yahoo.com.  Sorry, I'm only taking pre-orders by Paypal, it'll make it much easier for me to track the orders.

Also, please make sure that your Paypal information is accurate... it's surprising the number of people who can't be bothered to capitalize the name of their country or state, or who misspell the name of the very street they live on...
Wan Chew Tree Faw!

Offline Von Koss

Re: "Mutant Terror Bird" available for pre-order
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 06:24:32 AM »
I'm so on this...

PM sent.
Total models painted for the year 2011: 14

<The Goal: exceed 534 painted models in one year>
*End Date: Dec. 25th 2011*
2010- 294 (fail)

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 10:22:51 AM »
 Hi Alex

Just tried to send you my pre-order.Paypal is not letting me send you money.Is the addy right?

This is the one I used last time.

Arcticon2004@yahoo.com

Nice to see these up too  ;D.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 11:04:53 AM by Manic _Miner »

Offline Alxbates

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 04:12:45 PM »
Hey Andy - I've received your payment, so it's come through on my end.  I keep those old email addresses active, they still work for sending me Paypal payments.

Thanks, guys!

-Alex
Wan Chew Tree Faw!

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 09:30:42 AM »
 Have you pimped these else where?

Offline Alxbates

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 04:53:12 PM »
No, not yet, more family health problems.
Wan Chew Tree Faw!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 06:27:44 PM »
No, not yet, more family health problems.

I feel your pain Brother - the last few months have been rough for me too
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 06:24:16 AM »
TK-you need to keep your strenght up; you'll need it soon!
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2010, 10:52:57 AM »
WHOAAH!!!!!

Yes, and yes!!  I'll rock out tonight or tomorrow and paypal away!!  I hope you won't mind if I convert mine with some wings.  It's a distinct possibility, but then again the model may be too awesome to mess with.

Thanks to manic_miner Andy for making me see this thread.  I've been busy like crazy at work for months, and now I'm settling in and ready to get back to what's important: Chronopia and Warzone!!
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Daargrim

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2010, 12:18:06 PM »
This beast looks fabulous.  It's so uncanny that I was weeks (perhaps days) away from painting my own crappy proxy for this guy, and all of a sudden this option is available.  I am pumped!

I'm gonna take 3 of them and give one to my buddy that introduced me to the game.  I'll take care of the PayPal hopefully later today.

Thanks Alex, and good luck with your family issues.

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2010, 12:34:21 PM »
 I have ordered three too  ;D.

They will come in very handy.Just need the other Totems now  ;).

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2010, 06:04:36 PM »
WHOAAH!!!!!

Yes, and yes!!  I'll rock out tonight or tomorrow and paypal away!!  I hope you won't mind if I convert mine with some wings.  It's a distinct possibility, but then again the model may be too awesome to mess with.

The answer is simple Josh -- Buy two and convert one while leaving the other as Alex envisioned it.  ;)
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Alxbates

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2010, 06:03:53 AM »
WHOAAH!!!!!

I hope you won't mind if I convert mine with some wings.  It's a distinct possibility, but then again the model may be too awesome to mess with.

Thanks Joshua!  It won't hurt my feelings at all if you convert it - I've already got plans to convert at least one for myself (gotta have two for the table - one for the Blood Totem and another for the Keeper to transform into!).  I'd love to see a conversion with wings, though. 

-Alex
Wan Chew Tree Faw!

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2010, 05:18:12 PM »
Gotta pay the mortgage first on Wednesday.  I see your paypal info up top, so it looks like Wednesday I can get some Terror..... or preordered.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Alxbates

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2010, 10:26:45 AM »
Hey guys, someone PM'd me about the turnaround time, so I figured I'd post something here.

The turnaround time at the caster I use is about six weeks - that's six weeks from the time I put the greens in the mail to the day I get the finished castings in hand.  You've got to figure at least a few days for me to sort & pack the figures, then a few more for the figures to travel in the mail from me to you (more if you're not in the USA).

So, two months is a nice safe timeframe to figure on once I've got the funds to pay for the casting.  Maybe slightly less time than that, but two months is a number I'm comfortable quoting.

Right now the pre-orders are about halfway towards paying for the casting.  If I don't get any more pre-orders, I should still be able to send them off to the caster in maybe a month, so, they should be available for sale in May.  Early May-ish.

So... that's more information there.  Yep.  Definitely information.  Not sure how useful it'll be to ya'll, but it's information.

-Alex
Wan Chew Tree Faw!