Author Topic: Best Warzone Tactical Moment  (Read 10305 times)

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
Re: Best Warzone Tactical Moment
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2010, 04:49:52 AM »
Great recap Dave. At the beginning of the match I was wondering where the rest of your army was. At first I thought the dummy cards were infiltrators and got so focused on the game that I lost track. The first squad was enough, but after the second one, excuse the pun, lit up my army from my own deployment zone, they had enough. It just goes to show you what can happen when you field multiple army lists and play Warzone with them.

Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2010, 10:47:50 AM »
Playing an all cartel agent army against Daves Vicktors army? ( the Bahauas power suit dudes) and winning.
Great game that was, still look back fondly to that one.

That was a good one (they were Vulkans, and not the Vulkan Army of Doom - there were only five Vulkans in that particular army).  His cartel army beat me twice that weekend; once in a pickup game, and again in the tournament.  It was, later, coined the Cartel Ninja Mechanic Army.  It earned the name by swarming my Vulkans and (like a Bugs Bunny cartoon) proceeded to whip out the nuclear-powered impact wrenches and disassemble my Vulkans down to their categorical list of parts.

The Hussars and Dragoons in the army wanted no parts of that, so just kept shooting as the Ninjas kept charging - it was frightening!
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2010, 07:37:00 PM »
I remember hearing about that game....  and shaking my head.  I never thought to use that many agent units before... but with the three units I now have at home, I look forward to giving them a go.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline pinksuezo

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2010, 02:09:30 AM »
How to beat the Vulkan army of doom:

1. Lots of flamers
2. Get into and stay in CC with them
3. Hope he doesn't bring the vulkan army of doom to the battle.

Option 3 seems to work the best.

not to engage in necromancy but it appears you are right about option 3:
http://forum54.oli.us/index.php/topic,348.0.html
REPORT HERESY. IT'S YOUR DUTY.

In Nomine Cardinalis

Offline Seamus

• Branch Incentives
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2010, 07:19:34 AM »
My favorite has always been the first time I saw that hand to hand was fixed in UWZ.  It was during demos, pre-release of UWZ at a con.  I was playing a squad of Zenithian Soul Slayers with Slaughtermaster and a large squad of karnophages with a Doomsday Proclaimer nearby.  The other guy had an entrenched Bauhaus army with a squad of Vulcans coming in on turn 3.  By the time his Vulcans had arrived, more than half his army on the ground was in rout, the other half were dead or about to be dead and then the Slaughtermaster and Soul Slayers charged the Vulcans and they come with built in can openers.  It was not a pretty sight for Bauhaus.   :o 
Seamus Muadhen
eBay: branchenterprisesinternational
email: dkidd23 AT yahoo DOT com

There is no security on this earth, there is only opportunity.
General Douglas MacArthur
US WWII general & war hero (1880 - 1964)

Offline Inquisitor

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2010, 04:38:03 AM »
Hi all. First post here. My stories are all primarily first edition as I have only played the other versions a few times.
At a game played at a local con (RuneCon), long dead now, the objective was for all players to kidnap a high ranked pruestfrom a Brotherhood Cathedral. It was several Corporation forces and my self running the Dark Legion.
After making my way through to the central courtyard, I tried several times to kill off the targets bodyguard. The game GM specified we could not kill the priest, no matter how many times we players pestered him to do so.
Finally I thought up a way to do so. I had my Nepharite hit the squad with a Flow Of Acid, getting the priest under the template. The GM conceded my move and said that since it was a game legal move, he'd allow it. Dead priest and I get props for outwitting the game's host!
My other fun moment was when I moved my Razide to point blank range to one of the corporate heroes, and having survived his Gehenna Puker shot, on my next turn I Aimed my Nazgaroth at his model... and erased him from existence.
That is definitely one of my favorite moments in my entire game career!   

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2010, 10:39:35 AM »
Hey, welcome aboard. Thnx for posting and have some Karma too!