Author Topic: Drew's Dragon Diaries  (Read 23853 times)

Offline Alxbates

Re: Drew's Dragon Diaries
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2009, 04:11:44 PM »

So I guess we are going to have to hear you "drone" on about the project?  ;D

*GROAN*

hehe
Wan Chew Tree Faw!

Offline Morfdoggs

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2009, 08:57:34 PM »
Sorry for the radio silence but I'm finishing up some entries for the halloween contest on Reaper. But I have worked on the dragons, nothing major, should be getting more WIP pics when I got something worthwhile to show.
Happiness is like peeing yourself, everyone can see it but only u can feel its warmth!

Offline Morfdoggs

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2009, 03:50:02 PM »
Again sorry for no updates, my tv was stolen and I have been dealing with idiots aka ''the police''. I just have been so upset I did not even get around to finish my Reaper contest entry. But I am getting back in the workroom tonite so I hope to get something rolling again.
Happiness is like peeing yourself, everyone can see it but only u can feel its warmth!

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2009, 06:56:56 AM »
That sucks.  I can identify with side contests distracting you.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Von Koss

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2009, 03:51:33 PM »
my tv was stolen and I have been dealing with idiots aka ''the police''.

I'm sure with that attitude they will be in a hurry to solve the theft.  Before looking at the police as idiots try thinking about possible suspects to help them help you.

I would say more times than not ...the suspect(s) is someone you know or is friends with someone you know.  It can be very dangerous now days to just break in somewhere and not have the "low down" on the home owner and his/her habits.  Just think now is the time where you get to play the detective and stand up for yourself.

* Do you have a friend who may associate with a drug abuser(s)?
*Do you have neighbors who hire out people to do yard work?
*If the theft occurred during your work hours...it may be someone who knows your schedule...has any one asked about your daily schedule lately?
*Have you recently had a group of people over to your home?

I know your upset right now and who wouldn't be but to get things done ...you have to get involved... not just sit back and let the police piece together the elements of this crime and the daily routine of your habits (which often point to more clues than most people realize).  You know more about this crime than the police could ever know ...why not help them...you are after all invested now and you would not be just helping the police or yourself...but your neighborhood as well.  Your actions could prevent future break-ins.

I know you are possibly aware of all these things and I'm not trying to fuss with you or be insensitive, but it really chaps me when people refer to the police as idiots.  Granted there are a few "special needs" officers out there but they are not the majority.  Anyway, I hope you/ the police find the person who did this and I hope you are able to find your painting "mojo" again to get some minis painted for your log.
Total models painted for the year 2011: 14

<The Goal: exceed 534 painted models in one year>
*End Date: Dec. 25th 2011*
2010- 294 (fail)

Offline Morfdoggs

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2009, 09:25:16 PM »
Here is the thing I do know who did it, I told the police their names and they know where they live and all of their family, I even picked them out of photo line up. I am waiting for the investigating officer to get back from his three days off. Now tell me that aint messed up, I have to sit around and wait cause an officer has some time off.

Offline Von Koss

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2009, 10:42:30 AM »
I'm very glad you were able to identify the person and I'm also glad your standing up and doing something about this.  Investigators need time off to let go some of the stress.  I know from personal experience (I've made this my career) that the case load can be intense at best. 

I'm from a rather small city (70,000 to 100,000 people-  it changes at times during the day as we have a lot of people who commute to our city) and at any given time I could have anywhere from 40 to 55 cases open for investigation at the same time. Some of these cases just cannot be solved for any number of reasons.  But the good news is that in your case there is a known suspect and this kind of case would move to the front of my case load to seek a quick prosecution (and therefor get this case off my desk).

Trust me when I say that sometimes there is just not enough time in the day to work on each case.  The "Brass" will continue to lay cases on your desk to solve no matter how many you already have ongoing so you move to get as much done as possible.

Very hard to do when you have:
* to appear in court which could last all day waiting for your cases to come up
* return all the victim phone calls wanting to know what you have done on their case
* get called into the boss's office for any number of reasons
* mandatory training in different areas in which your boss thinks necessary to satisfy (him, the public, or city officials)
* other investigators who need assistance in apprehending suspects- yes we do get a little "hands on" where I work, preparing court documents for prosecution, or just general brain storming on how to solve a case that is hanging them up- we are a team.
* vehicle pre-maintenance- which leaves you with out a vehicle for half a day/ sometimes longer
* interviews which can last an hour or more (helps in one case but slow progress on the rest)
* internal affairs which is just an extra case which they want you to do quickly/ delicately/ and now-dropping everything
* the list could go on and on

and this does not include family issues which spring up at any given time that need to be addressed.  My point is when do you as an investigator take time out for good mental relaxation - to just let go and unwind, regroup, and reset into a healthy state of mind? 

Unfortunately Crime never takes a break and though we as cops would like to think we are Supermen...we are not and we must take breaks.  I know your thinking that "Why can't another investigator take over my case to get this done and get my property back?"   It does not normally work that way.  If I could help out an investigator in this case I would ...but what about my cases that have victims who want things done on their cases and the host of other things that eat up my time?

I just hope you are prepared for court...if your upset now ...you are really going to be mad when this douche bag only gets probation and has to pay court costs and restitution for your t.v./damage to your home.

If you read only one thing in this post  PLEASE ASK THE INVESTIGATOR ABOUT FILLING OUT A RESTITUTION FORM...it lets the court know the actual money loss you had and shows the investigator you are serious about this.  I do wish you well.

2010- 294 (fail)

Offline Morfdoggs

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2009, 12:07:18 PM »
Thanks Von you have been very helpful, and sorry if I struck the wrong chord with the idiot thing. I am just very upset to know who did and not see the end results fast enough. Thanks for the insight of how they go about things, it has helped calm me down a bunch.

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2009, 12:18:59 PM »
Kharma to you both for handling it the way you both did.

Sorry to hear about the theft. It stinks when you know who did it (and it may be your friend) also.

It seems like the only person that gains when something like this happens is the criminal (if he is not caught).

Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.

Offline Von Koss

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2009, 06:00:09 PM »
Morf, there  is no apology needed...you are a fellow forum "brother" and the actual legal process can be down right infuriating.  I truly sympathize with your situation and I hope that you get some satisfaction from this headache.

Now how about some pics of those painted minis? :D

2010- 294 (fail)

Offline Morfdoggs

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2010, 08:34:53 PM »
Well after a very long delay in posts I will be putting up wip up some time tomorrow. I got to borrow my ma's cam to take the pics since I seemed to have lost the charger for mine since I moved afted my tv being ganked.

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2010, 01:14:31 AM »
 Looking forward to the update Drew.I need batteries for my camera then I too can post some pictures.

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2010, 04:50:48 AM »
Can't wait looking forward to them.

Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.

Offline Von Koss

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2010, 06:08:44 PM »
Yes sir, bring on that painted Chronopia mini goodness.

2010- 294 (fail)

Offline Daargrim

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2010, 12:08:10 PM »
Bump...

how are the dragons coming?