Author Topic: Drew's Dragon Diaries  (Read 23842 times)

Offline Morfdoggs

Drew's Dragon Diaries
« on: September 29, 2009, 09:58:49 PM »
Hey there everyone, it has been awhile since I posted anything and thought I needed to get productive. I have a very LARGE project ahead of me as you will see soon. I am also trying to get some painting in on other projects in among this and them. So I am going to need your support from all your thoughts or other critique and I will be asking for help(mainly on colors). This Should be a fun project and I will try hard to push threw this thing with all your support.  I am going to try to update with photos very frequently. So Sit tight and join in on all the fun.
Happiness is like peeing yourself, everyone can see it but only u can feel its warmth!

Offline Morfdoggs

Re: Drew's Dragon Diaries
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 10:04:35 PM »
This is a converted scout/warkiller to make a new pose of the Warkiller. As u can see I had to file away alot of the saddle and completely repose the warkillers legs. But what you don't see is the amount of filling on the underside and legs of the warkiller to make such a nice fit.

This was the body of a scout now turned into a warkiller. Some sculpting needs done.

Complete look at the Warkiller                                                                                                              Body of the Warkiller heavily reposed and filed
on the scouts dragon
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 10:41:55 PM by Morfdoggs »
Happiness is like peeing yourself, everyone can see it but only u can feel its warmth!

Offline Morfdoggs

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 10:10:01 PM »

Regular warkiller WIP. He needs the thing on the back of his seat and accessories . Also I need to fix his pole on the spear.

This is a drgonbane knights body on a warkilller dragon. I used the knights body with the scouts legs to make him. I am also getting rid of the thing on the back of the saddle that makes it a warkiller.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 10:26:36 PM by Morfdoggs »

Offline Morfdoggs

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 10:31:33 PM »
This is the charging knights dragon with the scout on the back. I have to sculpt the whole middle section of him

I also have to Flying Dragonbanes WIP

The Whole Gang

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 05:41:12 AM »
WOW!! :o :o

Great conversion work!!

Applaud in effect.

Can't wait to see what they paint up like.

Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 07:17:56 AM »
 You have been busy.Great work.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2009, 10:30:21 AM »
Looking forward to the final product!
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2009, 02:05:10 PM »
 By the way what happened to your Swamp Goblins?

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 07:48:34 AM »
That work is balls deep.  'Don't know if the censors will edit that, but you get my meaning.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Morfdoggs

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2009, 12:15:29 PM »
That is another project I am working on along side of these dragons. That swamp fiend I was working on got scraped, it was turning out terrible and I am designing a new one. I am assembly line painting my army and very close to finishing a unit of webmasters and headhunters.

Some of the shaman are getting converted to leaders and their bases are going to be a major undertaking because I'm making them fly at different heights and they are going to have very swampy terrain on them.

And here are three of the four sentinels I am working on. I have posted pics of the foruth one on here before, I am rebasing it and will put up pics when finished.

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2009, 12:50:23 PM »
Thats alot of Drones. :o
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2009, 12:56:59 PM »
 Looking forward to the updates.Might motivate me to get my ass in gear.

Offline Morfdoggs

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2009, 08:56:52 AM »
So I'm finishing up the sculpting on the dragons and have something to throw to the group. I'm thinking about painting them as generic elves so i could use them with my crystal lotus, jade, and obsidian elves. What colors do you guys think would work for the mount and the rider? Any thoughts would help greatly.

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2009, 12:56:16 PM »
 Not sure about the colours.As long as you dont add force specific details they shouild be okay.Saves having to buy loads of the same miniatures too.Or you could use them as a sort of Merc unit on hire to the best bidder.

Leave the Elves and get on with the Swamp Goblins  ;D.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2009, 04:45:09 AM »
That is another project I am working on along side of these dragons. That swamp fiend I was working on got scraped, it was turning out terrible and I am designing a new one. I am assembly line painting my army and very close to finishing a unit of webmasters and headhunters.

Some of the shaman are getting converted to leaders and their bases are going to be a major undertaking because I'm making them fly at different heights and they are going to have very swampy terrain on them.

And here are three of the four sentinels I am working on. I have posted pics of the foruth one on here before, I am rebasing it and will put up pics when finished.

So I guess we are going to have to hear you "drone" on about the project?  ;D
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!