Author Topic: What's a good demo Point number?  (Read 9300 times)

Offline Gallagher_Standard_Barer

Re: What's a good demo Point number?
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2006, 09:57:09 PM »
Well my question was mostly theoretical, my buddies who I mainly play with have been pretty busy lately and we haven't played in quite a while, so I'm going to introduce some new friends to the hobby, but thats got to wait until I can get my 3d recreations of the siege of the citidel boards finished and paint up enough of 3 more factions to add to my Imperials, since thats all I've got painted at this point.

The target audience are new to miniature wargaming but are all roleplayers with a good head for rule systems. After a quick once over of the SA section I think Ambush, Camouflage, Channel (Maybe?), Climb, Deadshot, Demo Training, Enhanced Charge, Fast Shot, Medic, Natural Attack, Necromancy, Necrorganic resistance,  and Zombie master don't specifically need to be avoided, though I wouldn't have  more than 1 present in any single army with the obvious exception of Necrorganic Resitance and Zombie master, that way there are some neat abilities but no one has too much to learn.

I think I'm going to use Capitol, Imperial, Crecentia, and Brotherhood, but its still a long way out and I have plenty of time to think about it.

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
  • assistance from a distance
    • PFC joe's After Action Reviews
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2006, 11:06:16 PM »
If you like, I'm certain that we can come up with some decent demo forces for ya outta those lists.
-PFC joe :)
Qui desiderat pacem pręparet bellum

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2006, 11:25:33 PM »
Actually I had some spare time tonight and I took a shot at some lists for a demo.  Scenario will be an interior objective capture of some kind.  Here are my lists what do you think.

Imperial
4x Trenchers + Sgt + HMG
4x Loughton Rams + Sgt + Shotgun
Imperial Colonel

Capitol
4x Heavy Infantry + Sgt + HMG
5x Free Marines + Sgt
Infantry Colonel

Crescentia
4x Brotherbound + Sgt + HMG
6x Lamented
Prophet w/ forshadowing and temporal dissonance

Brotherhood
6x Elite Trooper + Decurion + LMG
4x Fury Elite + Decurion
Mystic Visionary w/ confusion and will of the cardinal

Each army comes in at between 340 and 350 pts and I've tried to avoid most of the more complicated SAs the biggest potential stumbling blocks I see in that area are Close Combat Training and Group Assualt, but they shouldn't be too hard for these guys to understand.

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
  • assistance from a distance
    • PFC joe's After Action Reviews
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2006, 11:28:49 PM »
Those are pretty good lists.  For just plain starting out might I suggest bringing one unit on the board per turn?

Start out with the Individual, let them get the hang of Actions and the stat line.

Then the Grunt squad.  The inclusion of Multiple ROF weapons (*mg's) is good to demonstrate mechanics and helps to cover most everything.

Then the Elite squad as the majority of your special abilites are found in those. 

If someone wants to use one of the channelers, take a moment and demonstrate how the PW stat works as opposed to RC and whatnot.

-PFC joe
Qui desiderat pacem pręparet bellum

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2006, 11:50:41 PM »
Good idea on bringing the units on the battlefield one at a time.  Now all I need to do is finish the terrain and get the units painted.  I should be able to get all that done by... the end of time.