Author Topic: $*#@ prince august  (Read 10622 times)

Offline pinksuezo

$*#@ prince august
« on: August 31, 2009, 12:53:06 PM »
i got my most recent order in the mail today and this is the third time they mess up my order, and second time in a row at that.  do they have a monkey doublecheck their orders before they ship? argh.
REPORT HERESY. IT'S YOUR DUTY.

In Nomine Cardinalis

Offline Buzzu

Re: $*#@ prince august
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 01:37:17 PM »
To what I can say, I bought many times from prince august. It's not cheap, it's not fast, sometimes I had to ask specifically when he was still understanding which pieces he had got, but I always received everything with no particular matters. Ask again, and be patient.

Cheers.

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 06:07:20 PM »
Priince August is really hit and miss these days. I don't know if it is because they don't know what they got, the blisters are deteriorated and pieces fall out or a combination of these and other factors.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Jase

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 02:18:06 AM »
You're weren't the only one - every order I had from them was missing stuff - didn't help when the invoice showed my entire order too. Still they were quick to rectify it after an email was sent.

Jase
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 06:25:23 AM »
I wonder how much they'd want for the whole sh'bang, and let us sort it out???
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline JonatanRaven

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 09:46:19 AM »
I happen to pass by PA when I'm on Ireland working. It's VERY tempting to make a detour with my 46 middle aged passengers and check it out. They have a visitors centre and I could probably persuade some of the guests that it was an honest mistake. ^^
Quoth the Raven Nevermore!

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 10:07:59 AM »
 Prince August have added some more miniatures onto there store.

Offline Steel Rabbit

• On A Roll Games
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 12:58:59 AM »
In Prince August's defense, I recently received an order in one week's time (I live in western Canada), and everything was there.

Offline Cirith

• StygianBeach
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 12:27:08 PM »
In Prince August's defense, I recently received an order in one week's time (I live in western Canada), and everything was there.

I have also had a good run with PA.
People willing to trade their freedom for security deserve neither and will lose both.

Offline Doompup

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2010, 01:27:09 PM »
I've ordered about 3 times; I received every order complete, and relatively quickly for cross-Atlantic shipping.

Offline Von Koss

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2010, 07:45:04 AM »
I have made two big orders from PA in the past(last year 2009) and had no problems.  All pieces accounted for and the shipping was not to bad.  And for being halfway around the world(sort of) it was shipped pretty quick.

Overall, I highly recommend Prince August and I plan to make another big order this year.
Total models painted for the year 2011: 14

<The Goal: exceed 534 painted models in one year>
*End Date: Dec. 25th 2011*
2010- 294 (fail)

Pax

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2010, 01:49:43 PM »
Ordered most of my new army from PA the last year in various waves. So far everything come in complete and without any hassle. Did experience once that something I ordered had run out, but I got a nice note with my package that I could refer to the next time and I got a few extra bucks to buy for. All in all I'm pleased.

Offline aoi cobalt

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2010, 05:27:40 AM »
I also have had no problems with Prince August. I do make little orders every so often (maybe 10-20 figs) and have had no problems with them at all.
"Bring your best dice or bring a good brick." - Thom

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2010, 01:32:47 PM »
I placed an order on the 6th of may, recieved an invoice on the 10th and the miniatures arrived on the 13th. Order was complete. So I'd have to say I'd order from them again.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Pax

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2010, 07:58:37 AM »
According to the twitter of PA there might be a new Warzone page in the making. Would probably be fun to see the end results of that. :)