Author Topic: Terrain you like...terrain you want  (Read 8670 times)

Offline Anomander_Rake

• Fortune favours the brave
Terrain you like...terrain you want
« on: January 25, 2006, 02:32:23 AM »
Hi out there,

as in the warzone-section of the forums I would like to know what terains do you like? what do you plan to build? what have you bild already? pictures?

At the moment I would like to build some pyramid-terrain. I don't know if it should be in a desert-, jungle or forrested enviroment...but I like the idea of a pyramid. BTW, I really like AvP... ;D
It's better to be silent and thought the fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Re: Terrain you like...terrain you want
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 02:46:05 AM »
Insulation foam or ceiling tiles cut and stacked would work well.  If you use a hardboard base it will limit warpage.  Best of all you can get both for well under $20 US with scraps.  Large scale hardware stores often sell scraps of hardboard for much chearper and construction sites sometimes have scraps of insulation foam that they will cast off.

With a good hardboard base that is only slightly (1 to 1 1/2 inch) wider than the base of the pyramid, it looks like a foundation and you don't have to base it in a specific environment-just place the items around it and it will blend in well enought.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 09:39:41 AM »
I have a large section of foam, about 6 feet by 4 feet, and about 15 in. thick

I plan on cutting a trenchworks into it, and then spraying it with that orange cleaning stuff, to melt it a bit.  Then I'm going to stick the parts from a box of plastic zombies randomly in it, and paint it a rotting flesh color.  It's gonna be the Dough Pits on Mars. :)
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline Anomander_Rake

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2006, 12:24:39 PM »
I have a large section of foam, about 6 feet by 4 feet, and about 15 in. thick

I plan on cutting a trenchworks into it, and then spraying it with that orange cleaning stuff, to melt it a bit.  Then I'm going to stick the parts from a box of plastic zombies randomly in it, and paint it a rotting flesh color.  It's gonna be the Dough Pits on Mars. :)

Is Mars a province of the Blackblood Empire?  ;)
It's better to be silent and thought the fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2006, 05:50:44 PM »
hmmm.... someday, perhaps....

It would also make a good Nurgle board (for THAT OTHER GAME)  or even a good Chronopia board, as just a huge stinking corpse-pile to battle on.
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline AeA

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2006, 12:36:44 AM »
pictures?
If you insist... some of my less blatantly blah stuff on their way to make a "Stuff you can knock up in 5 minutes (not counting the year it takes for PVA to dry)" section on my site:

Incidentally, all but one or two pieces in that set has been built after my last game of Chronopia, so I have no idea of how they'd actually work in play.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 06:24:39 AM by AeA »

Offline Gubs

• Prophet Miniatures
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2006, 12:42:08 AM »
Those are great! 

Offline Anomander_Rake

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2006, 02:51:39 AM »
They really look great!

More Pics?

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2006, 10:18:10 AM »
Looks good AeA. Those are really good examples of what can be done with just simple ingredinets.