Author Topic: Will the additional UWZ Books ever be released?  (Read 10560 times)

Offline Warlord

• THE WAY IS FORWARD!
    • 28mm World War II Wargaming at its finest...
Re: Will the additional UWZ Books ever be released?
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2009, 08:34:01 AM »
WOW? there is some serious emotion going on here. Why so hostile?
www.precisionmodeldesigns.com
www.Battlemart.com

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2009, 09:05:38 AM »
I wouldn't say hostile. I would say anxious for resolution on some rules issues etc. I am sure everything will turn out fine.
Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2009, 09:12:19 AM »
Hope it was clear I was joking. :)

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2009, 09:37:44 AM »
No worries.  Even after all the stuff that's happened to the games, etc., I'm still putting together armies for both Chronopia and now Warzone.  It never ends!!

Here's hoping for forward progress in August.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2009, 01:23:32 PM »
Hans came over and helped Thom upgrade his computer with programs to get the stuff put up.  Forward progress, but I know, painfully slow. 
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Bagomba

• Journeyman
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2011, 10:58:58 AM »
Here's the thing;

It's easy to get all ****y because Thom hasn't released the PDFs.  I am just as guilty of this as everyone else so don't take this as a personal attack against you or anyone else.
The problem is that to release what amounts to a worthy product takes three things.  Time, time and time.
I Jake Brass started Freelancer of Fortune about six months ago with the help of Archer (and hopefully some other people as well) and we he wanted to release monthly.  You'll notice we they are averaging three months per issue (and starting to push to four).  That's because to give you guys the product you deserve you have to write articles, take photos, actually complete projects (that alone is the biggest factor holding up the next issue for me uh, Jake) and then put it all together in a format that doesn't make you look at it and think it was done by a room full of chimps and a PC.  This is great but the crew works for a living, has families, pets, and other things that suck away time.  Especially work.

Thom is an accountant.  In America, contrary to popular belief, tax time doesn't end on April 15th so he is probably up to his eyebrows in issues still, plus preparing his clients for next year.  This means if he has any sort of social life (I don't know about his personal life and speculating on it is crass at best, down right rude and worthy of being kicked off the forum at worst) but I imagine that probably keeps him busy as well.  So at best he has maybe an hour or two a week to work on a project that probably used to have a small team (2-3 people) working perhaps full time, perhaps not and who would still take months to develop and release.  Now he's on his own and we (myself include) are all moaning that it's taking too long.

We need to just sit back and wait patiently.  The game has been out of print for four years; what does a few more months or even a year or two matter?

WE DID NOT Forgett  ;)
are there any news ?
They are in front of me, beside and behind me....
They canīt escape
ATTTAAACK !!!!!

Offline Enker

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2011, 01:57:09 AM »
Do you still believe in Santa Clause?
Marines! Lets kick some A S S!