Author Topic: Upcoming Scenario: Trenches (3P)  (Read 10812 times)

Offline Lopis

Upcoming Scenario: Trenches (3P)
« on: June 28, 2009, 08:16:51 AM »
If we get lucky we play the following scenariothe coming weekend and post the outcome with pics afterwards:

Mission log:
Planet: Mercury
Location: Mishima Borderbase at Zeami Bordertriangle. The Base is a strongly fortified Outpost and secures Mishimaīs Borders in this area.

2100 : A Capitol Airstrike razes the Mishima Base. The defenseline ist destroyed. Only shells of the buildings remain.
2130 : Capitol Airborne Rangers try to secure the Area but encounter surviving Mishima troops who try to resist.
2140 : New troops arrive. Another player takes a hand.Bauhaus (Imperial) has to have got information through his spy-system and now troops try to overtake the remnants of the base. Jeagers (Golden Lions) have infiltrated the area.
2200 : High temperature and eruptions in the sunīs corona prohibit that one party goes to offense. All try to dig in and build trenches.
0300 : Reinforcements for all the participants have arrived and are lined up behind well dug trenches.
0510 : Eruptions end as quick as they started. Conditions normalize fastly.
0515 : Battle for the Base begins

Situation:

- three parties have dug in behind fortified trenches
- Everyone will try to get behind the enemy trenches
- Duration is six full rounds

Particularities of the field:

- between the trenches you will sparsely find objects that block LOS completely. Hard Cover can be found easily
- you can fire over the edges of the field-parts, but the target will then receive Soft Cover
- you can run over the edges of the field, but your m ovement has to end on another firle-part. You can combine all movement-actions to do this
- The water field is dried out

Armybuilding criteria:
900 pts, no OBA, no field engineering

Deployment:

-Deploymentzones have the layout of a triangle
-each Deploymentzone has a  diameter of 22"
-infiltrating units have to keep a distance of at least 12 " to enemy-deploymentzones

The Field:

(For the field an translation use this link: http://forum54.oli.us/index.php?topic=4554.0

The Trenches:

-Every player has to note for every 3" piece of his trench if it is reenforced or not
-does a model reach LD of a trench part, the owning player has to tell the owner if the part is reinforced or not
- Trench gives HC for the defender in b2b behind the trench, attacker on the other side in b2b receives SC
- CC over the Trench is not possible, though charging to cross the trench is

Crossing the trenches:

- it is possible to cross a trench if in base-to-base (b2b) contact. This costs one action (vehicles have special rules)
- if the trench is reinforced, all but vehicles are forced to a LD-test when traversing
      - models with DemoTraining or Climb get LD +2
      - if the test is failed you get a DAM 9 hit (through barbed wire, spikes etc) , normal AR-roll

- vehicles can cross the trench with halved MV
   - Bike/wheeled vehicles have to do a LD test for reinforced parts. Failing it damages the tires and works as an ENGINE DAMAGE, but without a wound
   - Walkers, at least SZ of double the Trench height are able to cross the trench at full MV
- Flying models and jumoers are allowed to cross ar height of 2"
- waiting models are allowed to attack the crossing models. Target receives no cover

Victory-Points (VP):

at the end of each round you get VP as follows:

- count the wounds in the trench areas for every player; trench area is the rough triangle behind the trench; flying over this area or partial covering it with the base is sufficient.
-you get VP only for the trench area with the lowest possible VP

Example: Cap has 15 wounds in his own trench, 5 with a squad in Mishima trench and no wound behind omperial lines --> he gets no VP. Would he have 4 wounds behind imperial lines Cap would get 4 VP
-Panicked Models get only halved VP (round down), broken none

Winning the scenario:

6 full rounds, endcount of VP wins
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 10:50:25 AM by Lopis »
Solus honor cladem avertat !

Offline Lopis

Re: Upcoming Scenario: Trenches (3P)
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 08:17:37 AM »
Questions, comments, proposals, armies ?

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 11:34:47 AM »
oooooooooo......

I'll take a crack at this army design wise.

Imperial
Golden Lions
Trenchers
Trenchers
Regulars
Wolfbanes (because its a party man!!
Stirlings  (because shotguns are made for trenches)

Capitol
ABN Rangers
LI
LI
Dog Team
Dog Team
Scorpions (subgun hell)

Mishima
Ronin
Ronin
Bushido
Bushido
Monks
Some sort of Ninja

John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Lopis

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 04:52:51 AM »
No support in any force?

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 05:54:05 AM »
@ 900 points, you probably want bodies.... as you have two fronts.  Support is nice... but only when fighting in 1 direction.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

Offline Lopis

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 03:16:33 AM »
Yes seems right, but since the VP are counted for wounds you can include vehicles and move and shoot.
Imagine a Vermin APC packed with Trenchers or a squad of Necromowers/FenrisBikes charging for the trenches....
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 03:22:41 AM by Lopis »

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2009, 07:15:15 AM »
Yes seems right, but since the VP are counted for wounds you can include vehicles and move and shoot.
Imagine a Vermin APC packed with Trenchers or a squad of Necromowers/FenrisBikes charging for the trenches....

Yeah....  true enough.

If you went all wolfpack, I would....
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline micmellon

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2009, 08:45:20 AM »
No Lopis will command the Bauhaus.

Imperial is normally my job at our table but he is more thinking about my army than his own one   :)

I don't know if he is fearfull because of me or if he is such bored that he builds Imperial forces just for fun  ;)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 09:43:35 AM by micmellon »
It's just a flesh wound - Black Night

Offline Lopis

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2009, 10:48:02 AM »
Not that bored, but the game mechanics work for all parties.
And the tactic of throwing massive wound vehicles forward works for all.
Capitol could move the extremely fast recon vehicles into the fray or the mishimese Dragonbike could wreak havov near the Trenches....

I just forgot to write that the tested factions are:

Bauhaus - Capitol - Mishima

if we get to play this weekend.

Seems so, but if we donīt, itīs very likely to see the given constellation; but I will edit it.

Offline micmellon

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2009, 11:30:45 AM »
Yeah, I have no chance to have Warzone fun this weekend  :'(

So you have to fight all the cooperations except Imperial.

I hope you all have fun and I want to see a detailed report about who kicked who's ass  ;)
It's just a flesh wound - Black Night

Offline Lopis

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2009, 12:10:34 PM »
Yep, weīll try to get some pics, but sadly to say the bigger part of my Force is still
on my paintrack, so I will have to proxy a lot... :(

Offline Enker

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2009, 02:48:58 AM »
Ok here is my force and my strategy.
Maybe the other players will add their point of view, forces and some pics.

Capitol:
4x Freedom Brigs with Sgt.
4x Airbourne Ranger with LMG and Sgt.
4x Wailing Banshees with Sgt.
Bansshee Hero
4x Assault Marines with Sgt.
Assault Marine Hero
Colonel
2x Orca MK III and one MK IV

I deployed at the lower right angle.
Mishima at the top angle.
Bauhaus at the lower left angle.

My Orcas and FB were advancing to Bauhaus Trench.
There they meet Mounted Hussars and some Ducals.
The Mounted tried to ride down my Orcas with their Lances but failled.
The nearby AM then shot into the CC an brought down two Mounted.
The other two were wiped out by the Orcas itself.
So my remaining two Orcas (the FM and one Orca had been decimated by Bauhaus) advanced to the Trench.
Close before the Trench my Orcas failed, too by the remaining firepower of Bauhaus.

On the other side I changed my planed strategy. Mishima fielded five Nagano Sniper and two Battlewalker.
These models could fire nearly all across the field, because there where not much which blocks LOS completly.
My plan was to position the AM and Banshees behind the trench and let the Assault Rifles speak.
But there they were a to easy target for the snipers and Mishima had much more Activations.
So I hided my AM and Banshees as good as I could.
Mishima was advancing with Faceless and Hachiman to my Trench.

In round 4 Mishima made two victory points, because he could get some Faceless behind Bauhaus and my Trench.
I tried to bring my Banshees behind Bauhaus trench then and additionaly tried to field my Airbourne Ranger behind Mishimas Trench.
But Mshima had spread out its models, so there was no space for the Parachuters.
I landed them in the middle of the field, between the trenches.
Because of that, the plan failed. I could not achieve any victory point.
Bauhaus had this fate, too. He didnt score.

So Mishima won with two points.
This victory goes especially to the Snipers who controled most of the Battlefiled just by their presence.
Marines! Lets kick some A S S!

Offline Lopis

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2009, 03:09:41 AM »
Iīll add the rest of the report with some pics as soon as I find time...
Have to get my car to the garage.... :-[

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2009, 05:18:27 AM »
Looking forward to the pics. Sounded like a lot of fun.
Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.

Offline Lopis

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2009, 08:04:56 AM »
First of all the Forces:

Capitol:

4x Freedom Brigs with Sgt.
4x Airbourne Ranger with LMG and Sgt.
4x Wailing Banshees with Sgt.
Bansshee Hero
4x Assault Marines with Sgt
Assault Marine Hero
Colonel
2x Orca MK III and one MK IV

Mishima:

4 Faceless x 4
2 Dragon Rider
2 Nagano Shadowwalker x 2
1 Nagano Shadowwalker
1 Death Bringer
1 Amaterasu
2 Battlewalkers
1 Dragon Bike
1 Hachiman Masadoka

Bauhaus:

4 Ducals + Sgt+ GL Spec x2
4 Dragoons + Sgt + Sniper Spec
2 Mounted Hussars x 2
Mounted Hussar Kpt x 2
Dragoon Kpt
Max Steiner
Kommandant
Brummer Mortar

Layout:

And some views into the battlefield:
Capitol Trench

Capitol to Bauhaus Trench

Mishima Trench

rough Tactical Layout and movement of the forces:

As I remember all the trenches were reinforced and all movement went over the flanks in possible cover.

For the Tactics of Capitol see above

Advancing Orcas:

My Bauhausers had the following plan:

Hold the trench mostly in cover with the Dragoons und cover of their Sniper for long range support. For shorter Ranges the Kommandant and the Dragoon Kpt + Max Steiner (with AR even for longer Range).
Further use the Mortar to get to the enemy hiding behind their Trenches.
Further advancing in cover over the flanks with a squad of Ducals bombing their way with their GL Spec, followed by a squad of Mounted Hussars with their Kpt to throw the needed wounds in to get VP.

Defending Dragoons (had to proxy, these are Blood Berets...) with Mortarposition

Mishima:
As I see it they tried to run their amokFaceless over the Trenches without thinking of losses (cannonfodder)
Followed against Capitol by Hachiman wo give enough wounds to get VP.
On the side storming Bauhaus similar thing using the Dragonriders for wounds and fast movement.
Backed by the Dragonbike this should finish me off.

Main plan to keep enemies down was the Support of the Naganos firing at anything that moved.

Naganos in position and a hiding DeathBringer:

And hereīs how all went wrong.....(I hope I remeber the turns right):
Round 1:
In the first round we mainly deployed our forces and moved them into positions needed for further advancing an tactics.
Since Capitol only deployed 8 or 9 units it was clear that there had to come parachuters somewhat later so we could prepare for that.
Capitol moved AssMarines forward to get cover behind a fenceline and Banshees follwed roughly.
These were backed by the Colonel, the AssMarine Cpt and the Banshee Hero.
Freedom Brigs moved straightforward to my position followed by the Orcas.

My Dragoons took defensive position in the Trench with the Sniper taking commanding view of the field.
The Dragoon Kpt move forward to a covered position.
The Ducals on both sides advanced as planned backed by the Mounted Hussars.

To our disadvantage Mishima couls outactivate us all with 13 activations, throwing the Battlewalkers, the Dragonbike and Naganos into the fray as last units.

At that moment I knew i would get no chance to get a single victory point ( as it came out I got unlucky...; else I could have scored perhaps two points)
Capitol Freedom Brigs happened to get hold of my Ducal GL spec, so no heavy firepower for advancing units.
There were Orcas storming my position under covering fire of the AssMarines.
The Mishiman Storm was even harsher. The Battlewalkers took position in HC behind the trenches and unleashed their firepower on the Dragoons and the Kpt. killing the Kpt and two Dragoons.
The Naganos finished off my Mortar Spotter , so no TacSense for them.... then took over to shoot some AssMArines and Banshees.
Got 2 AssMArines if I got that right and maybe a Banshee.
Adding to that there were two squads of Faceless running for my trench with Dragonroders in the wake. AND then the Dragonbike started hitting on me....
Took a lot of fire from both sides.
AAAAARRRGH ....

Round 2:

Lost initiative again (did I mention I never won the initiative....)

Through the endagering Naganos and Battlewalkers Capitol mainly took position behind cover which blocked LOS.

The duckdancing banshees and the AssMarines took some shots at the advancing Faceless , getting some of them.
FreedomBrigs moved in advancing positions so that my mounted Hussars were blocked and couldnt get at the Orcas.
I made the mistake to advance with the Mounteds to try to break my way through to the Orcas and got one down, but rolled not one save against the remaining two, so the Mounted Hussars were wiped out....

Got the Freedom Brigs then with my mortar, and they  panicked...

On the other side the Dragonbike and Faceless moved further. My Ducals took out the Faceless and the Dragonbike missed nearly every shot at my Ducals taking down only one or two.
The second squad of Faceless cicled the building and kept out of LOS.
I wasnīt as good in taking cover with my force as Capitol and had to suffer under the Naganos and Battlewalker.
But I have to say it was not as bad as it couldīve been, since opn fumble day Bagomba managed to throw 3 20s in a row....

Round three:

I managed to take out the Orcas and the Capitol storm was broken on my right flank.
The AssMarines panicked and had to be rallied by the colonel.
The waiting Naganos took out the BansheeHero (maybe he was taken out by Hachiman the next turn... ???) and the battlewalkers got good shots at my Mounted Kpt on the left flank.
Mishima cicled a building on the left flank an moved forward to the capitol trench:

My forward movement was stopped because I had to take out the Dragonbike with my remaining Mounted Hussars and killed a Drogonrider with remaining Ducals.
Capitol had to review the tactics.

Round 4:
Faceless reached the Capitol Trench and Hachiman got into CC with some Banshees.
I think he was then taken down with the AssMArine Cpt.
My Mounted Sgt and the remaining Ducals were killed and the remaining Hussar panicked.
Then 3 remianing Faceless stormed the Bauhaus trench and two got over the line.
Amaterasu left her position on the reactor and moved into the trench followed by Naganos lacking targets
Banshees advanced on my position to get VP in the Bauhaus trench

This got Mishima 2 VP.

Round 5:

Wiped the Faceless out with a good Mortar shot, missed all shots with my Dragoon sniper for that lucky shot......
Dragonrider retreated behind the lines and Amaterasu and the Battlewalkers moved further into the trench to block space for the Airborne Rangers.
Airborne Rangers missed a good drop and one even landed behind my trenchline.
Banshees changed tactics and tried to reach Mishima trench in cover.
Max Steiner took a run for the Capitol Trench to get a liucky VP, followed by the Kommandant.
Steiner got a hit by a Nagano and reched cover by end of turn.
My last chance was to rally the Mounted Hussar, which was unshootable behind cover. He failed.....

Round 6:

Mishima victory was unstoppable.
My Mounted Hussar failed to rally again
AirborneRangers were wiped out, as were the Banshees and my Mortar.
MAx steiner reached the Capitol Trench, butr without wounds behind Mishima lines VP werenīt taken.

Thatīs it...

Mishima controlled the battlefield with the Snipers and the Battlewalkers. Throwing waves of Faceless at the Trenches.
I managed to hold my lines as good as possible, but couldnīt withstand the storm of Capitol Support on the right flank with at the same time taking the brunt of the Mishiman advance on the left flank.
Capitol was kept down by Naganos and could move over the open terrain.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 08:07:56 AM by Lopis »