Friends of Talaminiatures > Forge of Ice

Work day at the Forge of Ice (AKA Alex's apartment)

<< < (2/3) > >>

Alxbates:
Hey, Joshua - my door is open if you should come north for a visit!

We had another 'work day' this week - a good time was had by all, some sculpting and photographing of miniatures was done.  Afterwards, we played a quick Lord of the Rings skirmish game:

Elves versus Orcs - Jack's orcs kicked my elves' butts!

-Alex

Wolfsinn:
While the Orc carried the day, I feel that the victory was largely decided by the whims of fate. My 'cunning' tactic of sneaking a few lads around the side practically back fired. If it had not been for Alex's turncoat dice I would have (and probably should have) been chopped up piece meal. It was the first taste I had gotten of the game other than having seen it played by other gamers. I got decidedly interested after seeing the dwarf ranger models. Alex was good enough to give me a demo of the game.

joshuaslater:
I like that range of models.  Sounds like a good day at the Forge.

Von Koss:
Alex, I need more updates....seriously....I'm not kidding. :)

This is a very interesting thread and has a strong pull on my eyeballs to keep checking the thread for news....

:o

...see what I mean.

Alxbates:
Sorry Von Koss - I don't have a lot of updated info to offer!  The big one at the moment is that I've got a bunch of stuff on Ebay - proceeds from the auctions will go almost entirely to funding Forge of Ice:

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/lessanger_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_ipgZ

So, bid early and often!

We're gonna have another work day next week - maybe I'll have some news to post then!  Tyson is working on another Snapping Turtle shield, so you can give a little variety to your units, and Jack is making progress on the Pterro-man.

And I've got a Wargods of Aegyptus thing I'm working on, too...

-Alex

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version