Author Topic: Bauhaus Commanders  (Read 3120 times)

Offline Lopis

Bauhaus Commanders
« on: May 20, 2009, 01:28:45 AM »
The packmaster/Vanquisher question led me to compare the issue to other corps for reference.
Since I play Bauhaus now I took them first since they have similar squad-link-requirements and there occured some questions.

Is it intended that the Strike Kommandos have no own Kaptain?
Same for the Romanov Blitzers....

And through that since many of the remaining Kaptains have restrictions only to the "second part of the Squad name" (Just don´t know how to put it better in english)

Dragoon Kaptain: He´s limited to "Dragoon"-squads. Is it possible to buy him for a Squad of Wolfhead Dragoons or only for regular Dragoons?
                         They have both their "own" Kaptain, but interchangeable?

Blitzer Kaptain: He´s limited to "Blitzer"-squads. Can he be purchased for Romanov Blitzers. Since he is from another house...Do the support rules for other Duke-electors apply?
                     Or can he only bought then as a support option without a linked unit as support.

Jungle Kommando Kaptain: He´s limited to "Kommando"-squads. Only for Jungle Kommando´s or also for Strike Kommando´s?
                                      Since the Strike Kommando´s have no own Kaptain perhaps intended?
Hussar Kaptain: Linked to "Hussar"-squads. Only regular Hussars, or also for Mounted Hussars.

As I see it that would meet the requirements and fulfill the basic rules (especially when purchasing the Kaptains from the general Homebuilder list), but in some of the cases it
sounds a bit weird....
Solus honor cladem avertat !

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
Re: Bauhaus Commanders
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 02:32:15 PM »
The packmaster/Vanquisher question led me to compare the issue to other corps for reference.
Since I play Bauhaus now I took them first since they have similar squad-link-requirements and there occured some questions.

Is it intended that the Strike Kommandos have no own Kaptain?

Yes.

Same for the Romanov Blitzers....

Yes.

And through that since many of the remaining Kaptains have restrictions only to the "second part of the Squad name" (Just don´t know how to put it better in english)

Dragoon Kaptain: He´s limited to "Dragoon"-squads. Is it possible to buy him for a Squad of Wolfhead Dragoons or only for regular Dragoons?

Regular Dragoons are not Wolfhead Dragoons - the two are not interchangeable.

Blitzer Kaptain: He´s limited to "Blitzer"-squads. Can he be purchased for Romanov Blitzers. Since he is from another house...Do the support rules for other Duke-electors apply?
                     Or can he only bought then as a support option without a linked unit as support.

The Blitzer Kaptain may not be purchased as a squad-linked officer for the Romanov Blitzers.  He may be purchased as Support, but may never join the Romanov Blitzers (not enough of a LD difference).

Jungle Kommando Kaptain: He´s limited to "Kommando"-squads. Only for Jungle Kommando´s or also for Strike Kommando´s?
                                      Since the Strike Kommando´s have no own Kaptain perhaps intended?

Only for Jungle Kommandos.

Hussar Kaptain: Linked to "Hussar"-squads. Only regular Hussars, or also for Mounted Hussars.

See answer on Blitzer Kaptain.

As I see it that would meet the requirements and fulfill the basic rules (especially when purchasing the Kaptains from the general Homebuilder list), but in some of the cases it
sounds a bit weird....

All except those pesky rules on Force Building and those guidelines known as "play-balance."  ;D
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!