Author Topic: Some Questions....  (Read 7850 times)

Offline Bagomba

• Journeyman
Some Questions....
« on: May 06, 2009, 03:59:49 PM »
Hi guys...

This Weekend was a big Warzone Fight Mishima/Bauhaus against Imperial/Capitol ( Battle Report follows.... )

Here some Questions about that game....

Amerterasu had assumed command on a Tiger Dragon Squad (5 Guys.... ) then i lost 3 of them ( amerterasu was still unhurt... )
Must i then make a panic Check... had still 5 Wounds in the end.... In my Opinion i must make a panic check when i loose 50 % of the wounds... so i had to loose another tiger dragon or amerterasu must get a wound to make a panic check ? Am i right ?

Then i read somewhere ( donīt know exactly where ) that Stealth Units canīt be attacked by template weapons until spotted...
what about mines ? can they run through completly ignoring them ? ( still in stealth )

Another Stealth Question.... A wolfbane Packmaster ( still in Stealth and Division Commander ) stands near a friendy Squad which is in Panic( and of course not in stealth ).... can the squad take the Leadership of the Packmaster to rally themselves ?

Then Vehicles... can they drive through friendly models ? there was a  narrow area ( 3 inch only ) and a friendly model runs in the middle... can the vehicle drive through the own model ? so maybe he steps beside or something like that....

thatīs all for now.... be curious for the battle report... amazing Strategys clashed together....

Bagomba
They are in front of me, beside and behind me....
They canīt escape
ATTTAAACK !!!!!

Offline Bagomba

• Journeyman
Re: Some Questions....
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 04:05:17 PM »
sorry wrong topic.... can someone move this to warzone game questions  ;D
They canīt escape
ATTTAAACK !!!!!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 05:10:25 PM »
As you wish
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline T Prime

• Big Kahuna, Chairman of the Board
  • Administrator
  • Member Prime
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 05:21:28 AM »
Heading out to an audit.  Answer this later.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
Excelsior!!

Offline micmellon

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 12:07:40 PM »
Good to see somebody remembers the questions we had during the game... ;)
It's just a flesh wound - Black Night

Offline Bagomba

• Journeyman
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 04:22:57 PM »
For the Vehicle Question see in Events, Ideas, Battle Reports...

Upcoming Battle Szenario: River-Kwai-Bridge B - Report following after Battle

Picture 2 "The side were the action was"

and 5 "Imperial Defense"

There you can see the Necromower that wants to drive through his own dog with not much space in between for a better Point of view....

We said that it does not work... waiting for you Answer, Big Kahuna and the Knights of the Table  ;D
They canīt escape
ATTTAAACK !!!!!

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 05:38:40 PM »
An audit means it could be a day or more for Thom.  Those are tough.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline micmellon

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 03:09:41 AM »
Amerterasu had assumed command on a Tiger Dragon Squad (5 Guys.... ) then I lost 3 of them ( amerterasu was still unhurt... )
Must I then make a panic Check... had still 5 Wounds in the end.... In my Opinion I must make a panic check when I loose 50 % of the wounds... so I had to loose another tiger dragon or amerterasu must get a wound to make a panic check ? Am I right ?

As far as I know the roll is based on members in the squad not by wounds.

Then I read somewhere ( don’t know exactly where ) that Stealth Units can’t be attacked by template weapons until spotted...
what about mines ? can they run through completely ignoring them ? ( still in stealth )

I don't think so, but they shouldn't be hurt by mines activated by other squads.

Another Stealth Question.... A wolfbane Packmaster ( still in Stealth and Division Commander ) stands near a friendly Squad which is in Panic( and of course not in stealth ).... can the squad take the Leadership of the Packmaster to rally themselves ?

Yes, they just borrow the Leadership. He is not doing anything. So he stays in stealth and the squad is happy to have him in the neighbourhood.

Then Vehicles... can they drive through friendly models ? there was a  narrow area ( 3 inch only ) and a friendly model runs in the middle... can the vehicle drive through the own model ? so maybe he steps beside or something likes that....

Not as far as I know, but it would be nice

That are just my thoughts not yours... ;D
It's just a flesh wound - Black Night

Offline Lopis

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 04:17:42 AM »
I would oppose only on the mine-question...

I think the templates donīt affect them, because you wouldnīt be able to shoot at them  without spotting either, so you wouldnīt be allowed to lay a template in a way that would hurt them.
But I think they can activate mines. If they are stupid enought to hop through a mine field they should take the consequences and not hide behind a deployment card ;-)
Solus honor cladem avertat !

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2009, 04:25:06 AM »
STALKING models are unaffected by anything until spotted.

STEALTH can be, iirc, but there must be a valid target in the area for weapon fire to be sent their way.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline T Prime

• Administrator
  • Member Prime
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2009, 07:06:34 AM »
Here some Questions about that game....

Amerterasu had assumed command on a Tiger Dragon Squad (5 Guys.... ) then i lost 3 of them ( amerterasu was still unhurt... )
Must i then make a panic Check... had still 5 Wounds in the end.... In my Opinion i must make a panic check when i loose 50 % of the wounds... so i had to loose another tiger dragon or amerterasu must get a wound to make a panic check ? Am i right ?

A Morale check is kicked off when the number of squad members is reduced by 1/2, not the number of wounds they have.

Then i read somewhere ( donīt know exactly where ) that Stealth Units canīt be attacked by template weapons until spotted...
what about mines ? can they run through completely ignoring them ? ( still in stealth )

Stealthy units are ones that are carefully using terrain and slower movement to enhance their ability to be unseen.  Until they are are spotted, the card cannot be targeted by fire.  Moving a card within 3" of a mine counter however does not make it immune to the mines.  An LD test would be made as normal when moving within their radius.  If the mine detonates and the card is affected (it may not depending on deviation), then the models are all revealed.  It's kind of hard to miss a sudden explosion and screaming soldiers, especially where there weren't any before.

Another Stealth Question.... A wolfbane Packmaster ( still in Stealth and Division Commander ) stands near a friendly Squad which is in Panic( and of course not in stealth ).... can the squad take the Leadership of the Packmaster to rally themselves ?

Under normal game conditions, yes.

Then Vehicles... can they drive through friendly models ? there was a  narrow area ( 3 inch only ) and a friendly model runs in the middle... can the vehicle drive through the own model ? so maybe he steps beside or something like that....

No, they cannot move through friendly models in another squad.  They may move between two squads assuming their is actually space for them to do so.

Excelsior!!

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2009, 09:07:29 AM »

Stealthy units are ones that are carefully using terrain and slower movement to enhance their ability to be unseen.  Until they are are spotted, the card cannot be targeted by fire.  Moving a card within 3" of a mine counter however does not make it immune to the mines.  An LD test would be made as normal when moving within their radius.  If the mine detonates and the card is affected (it may not depending on deviation), then the models are all revealed.  It's kind of hard to miss a sudden explosion and screaming soldiers, especially where there weren't any before.

Thom,

Is the 3 inches measured to the center of the card or the card itself? There are different size cards as I recall. Thanks

Tim
Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.

Offline T Prime

• Administrator
  • Member Prime
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2009, 09:47:59 AM »
Thom,

Is the 3 inches measured to the center of the card or the card itself? There are different size cards as I recall. Thanks

Tim

Yes there are different sizes; plus some people forget their cards and use playing cards, index cards, post its, etc...You would use the center of the card (or proxy) either way.
Excelsior!!

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2009, 05:46:21 PM »
Thom,

Tim

Yes there are different sizes; plus some people forget their cards and use playing cards, index cards, post its, etc...You would use the center of the card (or proxy) either way.

Got it thanks.
Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.