Author Topic: Army versus Navy Classic on May 16 Gaming Night at Daves  (Read 13582 times)

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
Re: Army versus Navy Classic on May 16 Gaming Night at Daves
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2009, 08:28:18 AM »
I think we need to nominate generals, then pick teams, before designing armys.

My suggestion on the armys would be, 1 Force Commander, and then 1 divisional commander per player after general. General plays Force Commander, and the players are the divisional commanders. Depending on the number of players, presuming 2-3 per side, how about 1k per player, and the force commander doesnt count towards points, with each players army having to follow standard building rules for everything but off-board? Still need F.O.'s, but, the upper chain is already there. Option "B" would be to still require 3 officers in the sub-group, but use the sides FC. What i like is, its as if the FC tells the divisions what to do, and leaves it to the divisions to figure it out. If for some reason the FC is killed, either the highest LD Divisional commander takes over, or, if tied, roll off for new leader.

Thoughts/Ideas/Suggestions?

I think what you said will work. A "free" force commander on both sides. Counts as one officer to total officers. Each 1000pt player has a divisional commander so that is 4 officers total. FO's to be included in the normal 1000pt army using normal army comp rules. Chain of command is Force commander, divisional commander with highest leadership roll off etc like above.

Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.