Author Topic: Dragon clan dwarves Order of vengeance.  (Read 20976 times)

Offline Buzzu

Dragon clan dwarves Order of vengeance.
« on: April 15, 2009, 02:04:21 PM »
Hy there. here's another inconguence I'd like to solve with you all:

In the army list of the dwarves we can find the dragon clan dwarves of the order of vengeance (pag.215-216).
In the description (intro) is told that the unit always counts seven members (six warriors and a dragon singer).
But, beside the stats of the unit, the number for the warriors is 4. So they should be 5 with the singer. Considering the possibility to modify some minis to make them wear the dresses of these dwarves, I have to know how much people I have to prepare to use the unit: 7 or 5?

Thanks to you all.

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
Re: Dragon clan dwarves Order of vengeance.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 09:36:44 AM »
It's seven as in the fluff.  It's one of many editing errors.  It should be FAQ'ed, and I'll see if that can be done.

Interestingly, no artwork has ever been produced for this unit.  I've played them, once or twice, but I'd love to see how you outfit some proxies for this unit.

It's tricky in play to get the singer with his staff in the front to be able to use that effect!!

I have to check my first edition stuff, but I think this unit was unique to 2nd.

Cheers.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Buzzu

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 04:03:56 PM »
Thanks a lot josh; yes, they're only 2nd ed. I really don't know how to build them, but I'll think about somehow. By the way, do you think the singer can be played lonely, as an individual, or does it have to be deployed with the wb? Reading the stats seems it's intended to be a member of the wb, composed by the seven as you told me. That's a shame, 'cause you can easily understand that modify a mini is very different from modifying 7 of 'em  ;D

I'll think about with calm... At the moment I think it's more worthy to search for some mini to represent the desert wolf warriors, whose stats are frightening. Mov 4 is something very interesting for a dwarf! And I've seen no changement about it in the FAQs, so I think it's really like this...
I've found a mini produced by Fenryll, in resin, of a dwarf with a bandana, light armor and a great axe. The only matter is that it has very short legs, and a dwarf able to move 4 inches can't be short legged. Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks a lot, c ya.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 04:32:21 PM by Buzzu »

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 05:39:06 PM »
Desert Wolf Warriors?   Those were produced.  They're my favorite troop for Dwarves.

Offline Buzzu

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 05:30:58 AM »
I know they were produced, but they're quite impossible to find, exactly like the swamp goblin headhunters, heavy spearman, the dwarf scout pack, the blackblood goblin spearman and archers, the firstborn repulsar knight of the order of mallus and the exemplar, and many others. In more than ten years of internet searching I've been able to find a good number of rarityes (such as the devout unholy champion or the shadow stalker, or the elf warrior of the sun), but for a lot uf units, especially if warbands, I had to find something to represent them without having the original ones. But I always tryed to find the correct "look" of the minis.
When it wasn't possible, I modified them. And sometimes the result was ugly, so I had to change or let it go.
One of the must difficult things I've done (almost finished) was the building of the standard bearers of the dwarf units that have never been produced. Recreate the right look was something hard. The result is quite fun, but acceptable. I still have to learn a lot in managing the green stuff.  ::)
Anyway, I've probably identified the right dwarves to modify to represent the dragon clan. I'll try, and if they're ok maybe I'll place some picture.

To what I'm allowed to know, all the remaing stuff of the stocks of Chronopia is now in the hands of Prince August, to whom I've already buyed a good number of blisters, but for some units I already mentioned, I think it's quite impossible nowaday to get them. For instance, the stygian desert crawler... I've seen it only once in an auction on ebay, and the price went so high that I couldn't reasonably afford it. A chinese man contacted me once from Singapore, just because I bought every Chronopia auction of the two months before, to ask me if I was interested in buying his army, containing a lot of stygians (including two crawlers!) and firstborns, but I already had the half of what he was selling, and he asked me 500 dollars. The price was reasonable for what he was selling, but, considering the weight and the consequent shipping fare, and the fact that I was interested only to a half of the army, I refused.

That's it. But i can assure that me and my friends are having a lot of fun even with a great number of proxy units, and I think it's a kind of hommage to the game, and not a lack of respect, because what I could buy, I get it. For the rest, I had to solve somehow.

Cheers.

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 05:41:58 AM »
I'm glad you enjoy the game as much as we do.  I'll keep an eye out for those models you mentioned.  Every once in a while some will pop up, but it's getting rarer and rarer.

Offline kvaerne

• @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2009, 02:20:31 PM »
Ciao Buzzu. Purtroppo le ho viste solo adesso altrimenti ti avvisavo prima. :-[
Description: Seveen (7) Dwarves for the game Chronopia, by Heartbreaker.  These minis are OOP and getting harder and harder to find.
These will look very much.

http://cgi.ebay.it/Chronopia-Dwarves-x-7_W0QQitemZ230339470901QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item230339470901&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1385%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 04:29:36 PM »
These Leviathan sculpts are available from Scotia Grendel.  They are not the best proxies for the unit Thom created.  So far no one has come up with a good proxy or sculpt for the ones in the book.

Offline Buzzu

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2009, 01:25:16 PM »
Thanks to you all, but I already know th leviathan minis, and the matter is size. They're really enormous if compared to the normal chronopia ones.
I used an elf as a proxy for the jade house because the size of the elf should be 3.
I already modified some dwarves produced by Fenryll, as I told, to be my proxy desert wolves. When painted I will shouw you them.