Author Topic: Hurricane Walker Master casting on Ebay  (Read 8762 times)

Offline nico*le*clodo

Re: Hurricane Walker Master casting on Ebay
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2009, 10:53:55 AM »
I was planning to make moulds of some figurines I had, to duplicate them for private use since they are sold out. Is this illegal even when the game is not produced anymore? I was wondering why there were not more posts on making moulds of own figurines. As I am desperately looking for a complete hurricane walker (to be honest I only started looking 3 weeks ago after thinking by accident back at my warzone minis), It's kinda sad to think that every figurine will go lost eventually.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 10:55:35 AM by nico*le*clodo »

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2009, 10:58:43 AM »
It's a grey area.  As far as I'm concerned, making resin copies for personal use is okay, in the case of models that are no longer produced.

We took down a great tutorial by forum member Dr. Nick, on resin casting, to avoid any possible trouble with anyone.

I know it seems kind of silly, but we thought caution was prudent.

May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline nico*le*clodo

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2009, 11:23:01 AM »
no one has ever thought making a mould for his Hurricane walker parts, and could sell one of his original Hurricane Walkers ?  ???
You can PM me I will not engage in anything illegal  ;D

Offline kman

• Journeyman
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2009, 02:00:14 PM »
It's a grey area.  As far as I'm concerned, making resin copies for personal use is okay, in the case of models that are no longer produced.

We took down a great tutorial by forum member Dr. Nick, on resin casting, to avoid any possible trouble with anyone.

I know it seems kind of silly, but we thought caution was prudent.

Definitely the prudent decision as making a resin copy, regardless of whether you're going to sell it or merely use it for private use, is blatant copyright infringement both in the US, and, for the most part, most other nations.  No point in risking these forums with that kind of topic.