Author Topic: The end MCM  (Read 5797 times)

Offline starwarior

• Journeyman
The end MCM
« on: April 10, 2009, 12:51:48 PM »

Offline TwoGunBob

Re: The end MCM
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 05:12:40 PM »
I don't think many of us here are too surprised by this...
Currently playing:
Bow House: Saggy Old Ellie
Dark Lesion: Ill Ian, Whored
Empirical: I D... Ef' Em

Offline Noelvh

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 03:59:03 AM »
Thanks be to God!!!
This game was a joke and put a blemish on the MC Warzone game.
When I first saw they were going to release the game I was happy, but when I saw it I was ****ed!
They turned this system into a toy!!

I would have rather see it died completely!

Noel

Offline Petru5

• Keeping eastern KC an UWZ!!!
    • Conn-Man Games blog
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 06:11:39 AM »
Ironically, now that I know it'll be clearanced many places, I'm looking at getting some...just to see how the game plays. 

I have one gaming buddy that prefers to game in 54mm, so perhaps I can get him interested instead...
"Game over, man! Game over!"
-Private Hudson

Offline Nighthawk

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2009, 06:22:02 AM »
I play it and think it's a great game. It's something that's very easy to set up, play and finish. I also think it has a great feel to it.

If you own warzone minis you only need to pick up a starter though, and just proxy since you get all the unit cards in the starter. The FFG minis should have had better plastics and better paint jobs (and it was too expensive). I didn't really mind the poses as they were OK. The new ones they had planned looked imo like warzone minis though (especially Valerie Duval). And there's problem in giving these 54mm minis new improved paint jobs.  :)

Offline Durandal

• Unstable Construct
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 11:39:29 AM »
I played it and I'm sorry to say I wasn't impressed.  Set-up was quite easy of course but the games always seemed to drag.  The cover system especially often turned things into a ranged firefight where two guys stood apart plinking each other until some one managed a lucky shot and won.  At that point there was no strategy, no maneuvering just standing apart for 5+ turns rolling shooting dice and hoping to be the first to the win.

Up until the boring end state it was a fairly standard feeling minis game.  They should have re-released Siege of the Citadel instead, probably more up FFG's alley being a board game company and all.

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2009, 08:51:08 AM »
I played it and I'm sorry to say I wasn't impressed.  Set-up was quite easy of course but the games always seemed to drag.  The cover system especially often turned things into a ranged firefight where two guys stood apart plinking each other until some one managed a lucky shot and won.  At that point there was no strategy, no maneuvering just standing apart for 5+ turns rolling shooting dice and hoping to be the first to the win.

Up until the boring end state it was a fairly standard feeling minis game.  They should have re-released Siege of the Citadel instead, probably more up FFG's alley being a board game company and all.

Re-release of SOTC would be a great idea.

It plays alot like Descent.
Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 11:27:52 PM »
I wonder who owns the rights to SOTC now. The design was by Target originally, I remember being in the playtest for that ages ago here in Stockholm.

Offline hivetrygon

• Troll Forged Miniatures
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2009, 10:55:19 AM »
I never even had time to pick it up!  :o I was looking forward to it but now unsure if I should even look on ebay for one? I'm not fond of 54mm either and the miniatures looked terrible for that scale, I thought they were 28mm from the pictures.  :-[
Troll Forged Miniatures
http://trollsforge.com/

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2009, 03:01:32 PM »
The game is great, I am sure that firefight plinking at each other is not the case often, I would just walk around the cover with a different guy, makes sense now doesn't it.

My brother an I are thinking about playing with other figures.

Offline MadBrad

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2009, 03:20:36 PM »
I never even had time to pick it up!  :o I was looking forward to it but now unsure if I should even look on ebay for one? I'm not fond of 54mm either and the miniatures looked terrible for that scale, I thought they were 28mm from the pictures.  :-[

I believe that everyone in this forum would have loved to see the game in 28mm.  The figures could then have been used by FF for the MC game, and there would have been additional sales as people picked up their favorites to use in other game systems.   It should have been a win-win all around. 

Alas, someone at FF sadly overestimated what they had, and decided that THEY could dictate what the market wanted.

I believe they may be rethinking that, even as we speak...
Cybertronic - Superior by design

E-Bay Handle: bradthemad

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2009, 03:23:16 PM »
I believe they may be rethinking, what were we thinking.

D

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2009, 05:03:11 PM »
That's what I am thinking.
Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.

Offline MadBrad

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2009, 06:25:14 PM »
Good thinking!
Cybertronic - Superior by design

E-Bay Handle: bradthemad