Author Topic: Baushaus Consultants / Advisors  (Read 6213 times)

Offline Bagomba

• Journeyman
Baushaus Consultants / Advisors
« on: April 04, 2009, 01:04:38 AM »
Hi

short question about Baushaus Consultans / Advisors

In the Homebuider Protectorate stands that they do not draw on outside Advisors and Consultants ( Page 199 ) but at the army list stands that they only do not use Inheretor Tribes...

which one is correct ?

Bagomba
They are in front of me, beside and behind me....
They canīt escape
ATTTAAACK !!!!!

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
Re: Baushaus Consultants / Advisors
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 08:52:22 AM »
I'm going to move this to the Warzone area.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 01:27:18 PM »
There is a discussion on this very issue and I believe an answer is forthcoming.  One of the holes in the rules dealt with the Advisor/Consultants and their availability and a Q&A was done with Prime by myself and dmcgee1.  I htink dave has the answers in his noggin still.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 07:58:53 PM »
Archer's memory is a bit better on this than mine - apparently - as I do not recall the discussion.

That said, I would play it as it is stated in the paragraph entitled: The Homebuilder Protectorate.  They are more of a militia, not an army, and, as such, would not use mercenaries, advisers, other corporation's forces, etc.  I would consider the mention of "Does not use Inheritor Tribes" to be a typo.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 06:18:57 AM »
Said discussion was before Christmas... and it involved a re-work/writing of how Advisors/Consultants work.  I'll try to get ahold of Prime and get this spelled out once and for all.

As it stands *right* now,  Homebuilders may only take from other houses and no one else.  they *were* supposed to be able to take Brotherhood Individuals but that piece never made it in and was to be released in a later book (or so I was told).
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 04:40:59 AM »
Hi

short question about Baushaus Consultans / Advisors

In the Homebuider Protectorate stands that they do not draw on outside Advisors and Consultants ( Page 199 ) but at the army list stands that they only do not use Inheretor Tribes...

which one is correct ?

Bagomba

This has, indeed, been answered.  If this changes, we will notify the community.

As it stands *right* now,  Homebuilders may only take from other houses and no one else.  they *were* supposed to be able to take Brotherhood Individuals but that piece never made it in and was to be released in a later book (or so I was told).
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!