Author Topic: Survival Training and Load-Outs  (Read 3871 times)

Offline Lopis

Survival Training and Load-Outs
« on: March 30, 2009, 12:05:32 PM »

Do the Load-Outs as Rebreacther MAsks or Environmental suits or such need the Model to have the Survival Training SA?

Meaning: Do they ADD a bonus to an existing Skill, or do they also CREATE the Special Ability for the model if bought?   
Solus honor cladem avertat !

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
Re: Survival Training and Load-Outs
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 01:12:14 PM »

Do the Load-Outs as Rebreacther MAsks or Environmental suits or such need the Model to have the Survival Training SA?

Meaning: Do they ADD a bonus to an existing Skill, or do they also CREATE the Special Ability for the model if bought?   

They Stack.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Lopis

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 01:02:12 PM »
since Iīm no native speaker I have to ask again to clarify.....

Stacking means as much as : "putting on top of the other".

So a model without the Survival Training SA hasnīt any benefit if it would be equipped with such a load out?

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 04:31:22 PM »
The model does not need an inherent Survival Training to be allowed to use the load outs.

The load outs add to the level of Survival Training.  Therefore, a model with no Survival Training would receive the modifiers from the load outs, alone.

There are some models (Wolfhead Dragoons) who have Survival Training and gear, already listed.  This means that their effective Survival Training level is raised by their gear.

If that does not clarify it for you, please, let me know which language is your native language, and I will translate my answer to it.

Also, do not worry about being too specific when attempting to overcoma a language barrier.  We Americans think that everyone should speak English...;)
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Lopis

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 10:28:08 AM »
No that was perfectly clear (even for me)  ;D

THX