Author Topic: OH GAWD NO!!!!  (Read 14997 times)

Offline Melanieshaman

OH GAWD NO!!!!
« on: March 25, 2009, 09:02:28 AM »
I just realized when my birthday rolls around in a little less than a month it will show my actual age!  This is NOT good!  I'll be "that old chick who plays Brotherhood" WHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

LOL just kidding... age is nothing but a number :P 

that is all....

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Re: OH GAWD NO!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 09:06:35 AM »
I strongly suspect that you are a young'n compared to many of us here.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Melanieshaman

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 09:10:19 AM »
actually i doubt it, i bet im right in range i'm just a kid at heart :P

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 09:11:56 AM »
Regardless of the lies disseminated by the pooter you will always be 29 and holding until you say otherwise. Hell the pooter says I'm 48 but if you ask those who know me I act like a demented 7 year old.  ;D
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Melanieshaman

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 09:17:41 AM »
Regardless of the lies disseminated by the pooter you will always be 29 and holding until you say otherwise. Hell the pooter says I'm 48 but if you ask those who know me I act like a demented 7 year old.  ;D

LMAO!! 

(now get to sending me a Bro-Ham list you demented 7 year old!)

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 09:28:50 AM »
Playing the games that we do automatically reduces our age by at least 10-12 years IMHO. My wife often wonders when I will "grow up" and get a real hobby. Then I crush here with my Capital army of doom.
Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 10:11:52 AM »
Playing the games that we do automatically reduces our age by at least 10-12 years IMHO. My wife often wonders when I will "grow up" and get a real hobby. Then I crush here with my Capital army of doom.

When I hear that I calmly point out that a large number of my high school peers seem to have made getting drunk every weekend their hobby. I even offer to let them bail me out of jail every week so they can enjoy my hobby with me. That is usually the end of any discussion about the immaturity of my hobby.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 11:05:56 AM »
Well Mel, and Hal, regardless of our age, we need to discuss our shared hobby like adults for a moment.  We have a situation where both you, Mel, and I, are buying Brotherhood models from Hal. 

I will respectfully say, "Ladies first" in regard to this matter.   When you figure out what you're doing, Hal will put aside our respective wish lists and we can get down to business.  Hal may be a demented 7 year old at times, but he is always a gentleman, and good people.

I'm hoping to get some more Brotherhood before Talamania, so let's get our heads together and score some Brotherhood.

Cheers.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline MadBrad

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009, 11:35:09 AM »
The good news is...

I just sent Hal  all my spare B-Hood figs.

One less box of figures sitting in my basement, and they will no doubt be finding loving new homes, soon! 

And remember, you are only as old as you act.   For the latest estimate, you may need to talk to my wife, who tends to favor somewhere between 12 and 15.   

Cybertronic - Superior by design

E-Bay Handle: bradthemad

Offline Melanieshaman

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 11:52:19 AM »
Well Mel, and Hal, regardless of our age, we need to discuss our shared hobby like adults for a moment.  We have a situation where both you, Mel, and I, are buying Brotherhood models from Hal. 

I will respectfully say, "Ladies first" in regard to this matter.   When you figure out what you're doing, Hal will put aside our respective wish lists and we can get down to business.  Hal may be a demented 7 year old at times, but he is always a gentleman, and good people.

I'm hoping to get some more Brotherhood before Talamania, so let's get our heads together and score some Brotherhood.

Cheers.

Oh i never questioned if he was good people that much is painfully obvious! as are all of my friends here :D  So i AM curious... what do you prefer to field... keeping in mind i haven't gotten nearly enough erd ed. experience...(mostly old school 1st)  but i AM curious how you play your "Bro-Hams" as i begine to rebuild my army and someday challenge one of you... I would love to hear some tactics/ideas/evil schemes :D

Or at least point me to a better spot to discuss it.

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2009, 01:20:43 PM »
I'm thinking more in terms of buying requests from Hal, as he has limited stock.  I'm after Arch Primates, if he has them, regular troopers, a Watchman, and any chicks with spears!!

I'm just asking before I buy up everything he's got and leave you out in the cold.

Cheers.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Melanieshaman

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2009, 01:59:49 PM »
I'm thinking more in terms of buying requests from Hal, as he has limited stock.  I'm after Arch Primates, if he has them, regular troopers, a Watchman, and any chicks with spears!!

I'm just asking before I buy up everything he's got and leave you out in the cold.

Cheers.

I'm after new troopers, new valks, well, just about anything i can get my hands on but i wont horde i swear :P

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2009, 02:05:49 PM »
I wouldn't hold my breath for new Brotherhood troopers -- I need 3 of them myself.

Offline Melanieshaman

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2009, 02:13:20 PM »
BAH! I guess i will have to settle for old ones :P  MAN i wish i had jumped on that painted army now!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2009, 02:17:32 PM »
I woulda swore I told you both that my Brotherhood was mostly old school