Author Topic: Grunt, Elite and Support - Bauhaus  (Read 9784 times)

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
Re: Grunt, Elite and Support - Bauhaus
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2006, 06:39:45 PM »
Like Cartel and Tribes, the Support forces have to be legal force lists too.  So for every Individual there must be at least one squad of the same force.

-PFC joe

Why?  I do not need a "house" grunt (I know - there aren't any for Bauhaus) to take an Elite unit in that same support slot.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2006, 09:51:37 PM »
Dave I have to disagree with you in the rules it states you may take a squad not a unit and I believe  you cant take an Ind model under Bauhaus's special support choice it has to be a squad otherwise the rules would say unit or Ind.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2006, 11:19:11 AM »
Earlier in the rules (w/o Book at the moment) it says that squad and unit are interchangeable, and "unit" includes individuals
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Gallagher_Standard_Barer

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2006, 11:23:53 AM »
I always regarded that as a progression from a general term to a specific term.  Unit being a general term for any model placed on the gaming table and squad, individual or support, being specific terms.  Therefore anywhere the rules use the term Unit, the general term it applies to each specific iteration, but when the specific term is used in a ruling it cannot be applied to the more general catagory.  Which is why I always assumed the Bauhaus ruling applied specifcally to squads and not to units.  So there's my two cents on the terminology issue.

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2006, 03:28:06 PM »
it does seem to make more sense that you would have to take a squad...I envision Individuals as exceptional officers or leaders specific to the squads they lead (the Assault Marine Captain, for example)...because of this, I would think that Bauhaus would have to take a squad of a type before an individual, just like any other force in the game.  It is because of this interpretation that, I believe,  one cannot take a Meka of one type and a Shadow Walker of another, as an example.

Even though, as looking through the Bauhaus list, I don't believe that they get an extreme advantage by taking an individual without a squad as a support choice, I personally think that they should have to be in line with the other armies.

B.
I think that made sense...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline chribu

• Keeping track of all the answers
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2007, 07:11:41 AM »
If the individual is taken as support, it is just that - support.  As long as there are two grunts to qualify it, then the maodel may be taken.  It does not require a further unit to qualify it.

you can use individuals but they count as support and you have to have at least one other squad from the Support Duke to qualify you for the individual.

so yes, but it takes four grunt squads.

-PFC joe
Has this been cleared?

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2007, 01:18:04 PM »
I do not believe that this has, yet, been clarified.  I ask that this be moved to UWZ FAQ.