Author Topic: Upcoming Battle Szenario: River-Kwai-Bridge B - Report following after Battle  (Read 14715 times)

Offline Lopis

So I can add a few peices to the report from the Bauhaus/Mishima side of view ;-).

Yes, the game was ours only through superior tactic for the lay-out of the field.
I had a little bag oīsurprises, which Enker quoted already. Dropped Blitzers which they thought I wouldnīt field and had a Jaeger Squad as backup for them.
They thought we would go for JungleKomms and Mounted Hussars, heheheh ;-)
Our tactic worked their didnīt. Sounds easy, but it got a bit hard in the third round when my dice didnīt want what I wanted and the advancing Capitolians felled man after man....
But on the other hand: We had planned it a bit that way. our goal was to delay the reinforcements as long as possible and to deny them the bridge a whatever cost. It did cost me my whole army with a remainig Kommandant and a single Jaeger at the end of battle.
But Imperial was crunched as well and we ha Capitol starved out on the long arm by giving him few targets and delaying him.
On the Capitol/Bauhaus side was nearly only a little by-play....
We could stop Capitol from gaining points pretty long by killing Maria del Torres and her guard the B&G LtCol.
He had to change tactics by using an AssMarine for the task with the cover of the remaining dog-soldier Sgt as seen below:

By this we had the opportunity to pin down the AssMarines to this location and keep them there without storming the Bridge.
The Orcas tht covered them could be annihilated by the now (I think 4th round) arriving Dragonbike, which reinforced my position.

But here is how it all began:

Here ist the overwiev in rotated form (as above please ignore the beer-bottles):

And adding to that the tactics lay out as we made our Plan for Bauhaus/Mishima. Please remember we did this without knowing the layout of the field by this time, but it worked out pretty nice.
We had long discussions about what could work best and thatīs what were our final thoughts (and we had hell of discussions, because we hadnīt much of knowledge what the opponents would field):

Perhaps Enker can add the planning of their tactics, I think they have made a similar one......

Started pretty well for us, because we could go through our lay-out as we had planned it and hoped for. A problem was that we didnīt know if the other side would bring out Infiltrators who would come into our way with the deployment of our forces. Our infiltrators were thought to cover the storming troops and give them time to reach combat-distances by catching the opposing forces until the reinforcements come through.
The Blitzerīs dropped pretty well on the Bridgehead and could start to lay out the minefiled for area denial:

It was a bit risky with the pretty small area to land on, but it worked!
They were thought for Area denial for the advancing forces, in this case the imperals. They were packed to teeth with mines. Three guys with Claymores and two with Anti-Tanks.
Was a good choice because there were the 4 Necros that were advancing. Half of them covered behind the building an backed up with the stealth-moving Warhounds and a squad of Mastiffs in a way that we could shoot at them early enough due to LOS of 12" and the cover. Even my Jaegers couldnīt do much even if standing about 8" away. But they were separated by the walls of the building:

My Ducals had resistance a bit earlier than thought, so they dug in a bit far of their assigned destination, but had a goo view and shooting point in a trench and they had a funny shooting-contest with the Freedom Brigs about 7 inches away in the next Trench.
On the Mishiman/Imperial side of the battle the Faceless advanced and were lucky to get to the Mastiff-Handler and finally all the Mastiff-Squads were taken out by killing their handler.
The Mastiffs got one of my Jaegers first though.
And the Necros got one or two in addition I think.
Had a pretty funny shooting contest between the Necros and the advancing DragonBikes which was won by the Dragon Bikes through annihilation of most of the Necros. I think one remained, because it moved in total cover.

It didnīt come out that good for the Blitzer Kaptain.... He dropped a bit too close to the storming Imperials an was captured, but see what he had to flame had he dropped just one inch shorter:

In the second round the StrikeKommando riding the Skimmer was set as planned near the victory point and crouched in to get points the next turn.
Unfortunately he was killed before....
Ok, the Jaeger Kaptain had to do it now, got to the point and hoped to get points the following round.
As you can gues: he was killed and couldnīt contribute any longer to victory...

With the advancing Dragonbikes of Mishima we could stall the Imperials and the minelaying went on to this wonderful piece of area-denial.
I knew which mines were which, but micmellon got a bit crazy with the amount of mines and it forced him to just run through them and hope for the best.
His Mastiff-leader was felled by a claymore and his warhound had a pretty funny time by wandering through the mines in advancing my remaining Blitzer Sgt.
This was the mine-field after the fall of the Mastiff leader; waiting for more to come....Nasty piece of work:

The warhounds didnīt only have to run through the mine-field, but also they had to do it while being shot by the advancing TigerDragons and Amaterasu, which assumed command over the Tigers for gaining the possibility to spot them with her high LD and the Tigers getting them into their graves...

So we went through this whole battle and the final Lay-out was the following:

What was left:

Bauhaus: A wounded Kommandant and a single Jaeger
Imperial: A wounded, panicked Warhound
Mishima: A trplewounded DragonBike with double steering damage, half a squad of TigerDragons, a singlewounded DragonBike on the Bauhaus side, Amaterasu wounded, Toshiro flawless
Capitol: Half a squad of Freedom Brigs, A dog handler, most of the AssMarines, a wounded Orca, One HMG-rider, An AssMarine Captain

Statistics:

Laziest guy on field: Toshiro, only ran through the victory point and stood there to watch the massacre
Hardest front appearance: the remaining Jaeger Trooper, hails of gunfire , attacking mastiffs, Wolfbairn, Necros advancing on him and dutyfully he does his job and survives
Most saves in a row: Packmaster, I shoot you - hit -I save on and on and on.... He survived a whole Squad of TigerDragon fire and my Jaeger and fell after the Dragon bike assisting the whole thing....
Shortest appearance: Blitzer Kaptain, "Thereīs the enemy", drop, "Damn, tooo far", captured......
Had about 35 beers with noone getting ****ed....
OK, was nearly 8 hours of concentrated gameplay
Approximately 3 packs of cigarettes....
Lots of minis ion the field, I had only 2 left, a single Jaeger and a wounded Kommandant
And for the end-toast a good Whiskey

All in all a very funny game and a very good evening!
Thanks for playing!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 04:09:51 AM by Lopis »
Solus honor cladem avertat !

Offline T Prime

• Big Kahuna, Chairman of the Board
  • Administrator
  • Member Prime
Wonderful.  I loved the visuals. 
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
Excelsior!!

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
One of the best battle reports on any forum, for any game.  Pictures, diagrams and writing, all top notch!!

I hope you post this elsewhere too.  It really shows off the game.

Cheers.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
G D that was great! Love the frowning faces - nice touch.
Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.

Offline Enker

Thanks for the candy.
I hope our pictures of always the same battlefield in every report are not getting boring, we have only this field.
But as you can see it consist of six pieces each 24"x24" so you can rearange them every time and
build a lot of differnt situations.
And for the next time we have to paint a few more minis  ::) .
But time, you know?
Marines! Lets kick some A S S!

Offline Lopis

Jep painting the minis is extremely time consuming...
Especially if you set up a whole new army.....

But hey: the more fun afterwards....

BTW @ joshuaslater:

We (?, canīt speak for the other three...) arenīt active in other miniatures-game forums, but feel free to link to this thread if you think there is a good spot to place it !
If you like the frowning faces we ar two on the same side. Thought it would do a nice effect as mine-counter.

If anyone wants them just email or pm me, Iīll send the document around. Itīs not pretty, but after cutting them out you get some anti-smileys for your opponents  :D
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 09:43:24 AM by Lopis »

Offline Lopis

Just found my sketch of the layout with distances, so you can get a better feeling for the board: 1 Zoll = 1"

Offline Enker

Ahhh, I have found our strategy plan, too.

It actually discribes how the game went.

Marines! Lets kick some A S S!

Offline Lopis

Hey you always come up with these funny little pictoīs.
Damn good, hilarious and Karma to you!

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
The hits keep on coming more Kharma to you.
Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.