Author Topic: Off the wall request  (Read 9747 times)

Offline Melanieshaman

Off the wall request
« on: February 20, 2009, 01:06:01 PM »
OK guys I have a rather strange request... i don't know how many of you frequent comic book shops at all, but I am desperate!  I am searching for a trade paperback thats a few years old and out of print.  The creator passed away last year, and Cosmis Therapy/Sirius is not reprinting his trades.

What i am looking for is called;  Poison Elves Vol 7 "Salvation"  Is a trade (as i said) and if anyone happens to wander into a comic shop (or god forbid has this and is willing to part wiht it) PLEASE let me know, and i will buy it...   I have nearly the whole run with a few holes toward the end but for now i NEED this trade.  Thanks to anyone who happens to ask around.

Also, don;'t bother asking if they can order it, they can't.  Also i check ebay and a few other of those type of sites and found it but they wanted over $100 for it!

Again, thanks for any help.

Mel

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
Re: Off the wall request
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 01:10:03 PM »
That wasn't such a strange request.

:)

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 03:14:03 PM »
I'll keep 'em peeled, but I admit, I have no familiarity with "trades."  Can you give me some insight?  I frequent a place called Between Books, and they are a book and comic store, with a smattering of games.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Melanieshaman

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 03:17:45 PM »
Well, the trades are a collection of formerly published issues.  I think you could ask the person working for it.  Basically they are "thicker" comics.  Not sure how else to say it sorry.

Mel

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 03:18:46 PM »
More like graphic novels? Or still made from newsprint and two staples?
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Melanieshaman

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 03:25:20 PM »
Ya graphic novels..sorry Trades is sorta the newer term

Offline Petru5

• Keeping eastern KC an UWZ!!!
    • Conn-Man Games blog
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2009, 06:25:51 PM »
The term 'Trades' stem from regular books that are tradebacks, correct?  You have paperbacks, then tradebacks (hardback-sized paperbacks), then hardbacks.

My local shop doesn't have it.  Evidently it has been out of print for a while.  I can try another shop, when I get there in a couple weeks, but it's a slim chance for two reasons.  One, I'm blonde and that's a long time out and two, the store I'm thinking of is hit or miss.
"Game over, man! Game over!"
-Private Hudson

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2009, 05:51:21 AM »
Just emailed my comic connection. Will let you know what he says
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2009, 04:48:41 PM »
I'll keep 'em peeled, but I admit, I have no familiarity with "trades."  Can you give me some insight?  I frequent a place called Between Books, and they are a book and comic store, with a smattering of games.

Dave,

If it is available anywhere, BB will have it.  Greg has a huge and ecletic enough selection, I imagine he will have it.   Things like an original Watchmen, the Dieties and Demigods with Elric in it... that sorta stuff...
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Brother Jim

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2009, 07:08:56 PM »
Drew Hayes (sp?) is dead !!???  Man that sucks, guess I should see which ones I'm missing too.

Good luck with the hunt Melanie.
Fear my ability to teleport hand grenades into your pants..........without the pin or spoon !!!!

Ebay alias: sweettooth32

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2009, 08:55:40 AM »
I'll keep my fingers crossed.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Melanieshaman

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2009, 12:56:57 PM »
TK's  connection apparently has it or can get it, so when i hear back i will let y'all know

Also Jim, yes sadly Mr Hayes passed away in his sleep from a heart attack at the age of 37 last march (i think it was) I cried (even though i never met him) for 2 days.  Only the good die young as they say (which means I'll live forever) :P

Mel

Offline Brother Jim

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2009, 07:50:36 PM »
Good to hear....errrr...read!!  ::)

That would explain why his books stopped coming out. :(

Damn, I gots the sniffles now....it's just the dust from digging out my trades....yeah...really.

And I'm missing Number 9.
Fear my ability to teleport hand grenades into your pants..........without the pin or spoon !!!!

Offline Brother Jim

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2009, 08:24:16 PM »
I just ordered Books 9, 11, Parantachian(sp?) and Hyena on Amazon for just shy of $45 total.

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2009, 11:33:51 PM »
TK's  connection apparently has it or can get it, so when i hear back i will let y'all know.
Is there anything TK's connections can't get?  :)