Author Topic: Warzone Proxies  (Read 9079 times)

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Warzone Proxies
« on: December 26, 2008, 04:39:11 PM »
The Cancer and Ronin would be copies of the current ones that I have converted.  The Golem would be an original sculpt that I would create.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
Re: Warzone Proxies
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 04:45:27 PM »
 I voted on the Golem as I would love to see what you do to him.Your other conversions were very cool.

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 07:44:54 PM »
Hello

I also vote golem of darkness, even though I have your other three proxies. I would like more, big kid moment.

wmeredith
Wise men say absolute power corrupts absolutely I am not a wise man.

Offline Petru5

• Keeping eastern KC an UWZ!!!
    • Conn-Man Games blog
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 08:07:46 PM »
I, on the other hand, have not been around long enough to 'get' the Oni Walker, so that's how I voted.  Golems of Darkness are a dime a dozen when there are so many Star Wars and D&D minis out there.
"Game over, man! Game over!"
-Private Hudson

Offline Nighthawk

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2008, 11:44:41 PM »
Oni Walker!  ;)

Offline MadBrad

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2008, 07:59:38 AM »
Cancer would be my first choice, as I have all the conversion skills of a sheepdog.   

Oni Walker would be second.

Since the Golem of Darkness was actually produced, I would make this my last choice. 

However, since the demand for Golem's is higher, I suspect you could sell more (and hopefully make a few extra dollars for yourself). 
Cybertronic - Superior by design

E-Bay Handle: bradthemad

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2008, 08:26:58 AM »
Hello

The Golem is a requirement for many dark legion grunt troops. The other two are support. that is why I suggested the golem.

wmeredith
Wise men say absolute power corrupts absolutely I am not a wise man.

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2008, 08:09:31 AM »
Hello

The Golem is a requirement for many dark legion grunt troops. The other two are support. that is why I suggested the golem.

wmeredith

As it was mine for much the same reason
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2008, 02:41:00 PM »
I nominated the Golem because they seem to have dissapeared completely and there are does not seem to be a supply of ready-made proxies out there.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2008, 05:38:48 PM »
I need to report that the voting mechanism is broken. I know this is true because I was unable to vote for all 3 of them.  ;D
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2008, 08:13:18 PM »
BALLOT BOX STUFFER!
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2009, 12:37:47 PM »
 Just been looking at one of the Master castings I have had back and think he might convert into a Golem of Darkness pretty easily.I will get in touch with the sculptor and see if he can modify the green.

My question would be do you think he would need to be the same as the art or different because of I.P. issue's.That being said any idea's as to the changes to make?

I have Master castings away being painted at the moment and should have some teaser's soon if all goes well.

Your input on this would be most welcome.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2009, 03:07:33 PM »
It depends.  There is so much out there that looks similar to each other that if you name it something else (I was thinking simply "Golem" or "Dark Flesh Construct with Polearm" then who's to say what it is-maybe it's a fantasy fig, maybe AWWII?

Francesco has some figures that look incredibly like 19th Silents and yet no one has gone screaming at him for his, uh, totally original figure designs.