Author Topic: CC Question  (Read 19028 times)

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
  • assistance from a distance
    • PFC joe's After Action Reviews
Re: CC Question
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2006, 05:54:26 PM »
I'd honestly like to see a blanket "if no CC weapon, one handed firearms/smg's/melee weapons or natural Attack, then model may make unarmed CC attacks at -4 CC and ST DAM.  Rifles, HMG's, two handed Ranged Combat weapons etc that have a CC stat make attacks at ST DAM.  Bayonettes do full listed weapon damage plus any bonus's"  that would cover everything nicely. 

but that's just what i would do.

(and i've missplaced a very important phone number... -doh! so it might be a little bit before i get confirmation on a few issues)

-PFC joe
Qui desiderat pacem pręparet bellum

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2006, 06:27:44 PM »
lost the phone number to the Office, huh?

B.
screwed without my day planner...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2006, 06:31:41 PM »
nah that i have, lost my personal directory.

bother....

Offline behemoth

• Journeyman
    • Kimmo's Corner
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2006, 10:39:09 PM »
Quote from: PFC joe
I'd honestly like to see a blanket "if no CC weapon, one handed firearms/smg's/melee weapons or natural Attack, then model may make unarmed CC attacks at -4 CC and ST DAM.  Rifles, HMG's, two handed Ranged Combat weapons etc that have a CC stat make attacks at ST DAM.  Bayonettes do full listed weapon damage plus any bonus's"  that would cover everything nicely. 

Exactly. That's perfect. Would it be possible to introduce that to the full FAQ team and if accepted, to Thom as well, and see what comes out of it?
"Just 'Cos You Got The Power,
That don't mean you got the right."
-Motorhead

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2006, 12:00:39 AM »
Quote from: PFC joe

Exactly. That's perfect. Would it be possible to introduce that to the full FAQ team and if accepted, to Thom as well, and see what comes out of it?

This was kicked around and I believe resolved on the old forums by the FAQ team.  Unfortunatly the resolution wasn't posted in the FAQ before the old forum went down.  If I remember correctly, it was decided that a model without a CC rated weapon, could make a basic CC attack with their base CC modified by appropriate factors (ie CC training), and do thier base ST as damage.  However, I could just be remembering the discussion and not the resolution.
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

Offline Ruther

• Warzone Deutschland
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2006, 01:45:06 AM »
Well this time i make my own FAQ and i update things wich are clarified into it, so we dont run around in circles everytime something happens to the forums  ;)
He Who Laughs Last, Thinks Fastest

Offline behemoth

• Journeyman
    • Kimmo's Corner
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2006, 06:45:08 AM »
Quote from: Stalker
However, I could just be remembering the discussion and not the resolution.
I remember the discussion as well but not the resolution.
"Just 'Cos You Got The Power,
That don't mean you got the right."
-Motorhead

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2006, 07:11:24 AM »
yeah same here unfortunatly =/

"if no CC weapon, one handed firearms/smg's/melee weapons or natural Attack, then model may make unarmed CC attacks at -4 CC and ST DAM.  Rifles, HMG's, two handed Ranged Combat weapons etc that have a CC stat make attacks at ST DAM.  Bayonettes do full listed weapon damage plus any bonus's"

was the best I could come up with and some creative spackling to fill the memory gaps =)

-PFC joe

Wedge

« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2006, 08:59:31 AM »
IIRC, Stalker is correct.  The only reason it sounds familiar is my faceless tried to punch some cultists in a PBEM game I played with Seamus and Coil.  I remember rolling to hit and doing ST+0 damage.

Bulldog

« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2006, 05:01:07 PM »
Thanks for all the input.  The reason I brought it up is the rules specifically say you are clubbing with a gun in cc not shooting.  I think PFC Joe has nailed it, this makes perfect sense.  You can't fire a gun in cc, so you wouldn't get the guns DAM, however your strength would affect how hard you can club with it.  Good job Joe, this works for me!