Author Topic: Dwarf Warbands and Individuals  (Read 5580 times)

Offline aoi cobalt

Dwarf Warbands and Individuals
« on: January 31, 2009, 03:17:58 PM »
I know you get one individual per warband you have, but the Dwarves have an interesting twist.
Since you can ally with a different clan, does the individual have to be from that clan, or can it be from the original clan?
Say, I take 2 warbands of Dark Tusks, and ally with 1 warband of Blood-Bones. I can take 2 individuals off the Dark Tusk list, but do I need to take the third individual off the Blood-Bone list, or can I take another Dark Tusk individual?
"Bring your best dice or bring a good brick." - Thom

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
Re: Dwarf Warbands and Individuals
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 07:08:09 PM »
You can take another Clan's individual, Craig.

Basic breakdown of Dwarf Army Construction, from the book and the FAQ.

1. For starters, the ratio is sixty percent has to be from your main clan, and if you go the route of Keeper/Totem, they have to be from the sixty percent.
    This allows Dwarf armies to get the %40 missiles from only two Clans that have missile troops.
2. As long as your force is legal with the one unit per one individual ratio, it doesn't matter if you have an individual from another clan leading your BloodBones.
    You could have another Dark Tusk leading your Bloodbones if you like.
3.  Having a Dark Tusk Individual with the Bloodbones makes for a good combo.  A DT Hero doles out very high damage to take out two wound grunts like Ogres   or Dark Eyes.  If you have Blood Bone axemen or clawsmen, or Flayers, having the heavy is a nice way to balance out their effectiveness.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline aoi cobalt

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 06:24:10 AM »
Just wondering, because I've got an odd lot of dwarves.
I've got some Dark Tusk Legion (need a leader though), Dark-Star Warriors, and some Blood Bone Legion.
But my Individuals are a Keeper and Dark Tusk Totem (I think, it's the one pictured in the color pages of the 2nd Ed. book), a Dark Tusk Hero, and a Dark Tusked Raider.

I've also got Horned One Warshield band, but that would just swap out for the Blood Bone Legion.

So you see, I've got 3 DT individuals and 3 warbands (but only 2 warbands are DT).

And I've also got as part of the odd lot; a Wolf Legion Leader, a Vulture Legion Swordsman, a Vulture Mallet Warrior, a Horned One Spearman, a Horned One Spearman Leader, and 4 extra Dark Tusk Legion Standards. If anyone cares (or needs a mini to fill in...). :-\
"Bring your best dice or bring a good brick." - Thom

Offline Von Koss

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 10:12:39 AM »
I'm interested in all four dark tusk standards...as I don't have any...good timing ;), I was looking at purchasing some from the net.
Total models painted for the year 2011: 14

<The Goal: exceed 534 painted models in one year>
*End Date: Dec. 25th 2011*
2010- 294 (fail)

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 08:12:26 PM »
Craig (aoi cobalt) is good people to trade with.   I hope you guys get what you're after.  As for the Individuals, use them to your heart's content, as they are street legal.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA