Author Topic: In production  (Read 3844 times)

Offline arctica

• Journeyman
In production
« on: January 27, 2009, 04:13:25 PM »
Hey all,

since i've been out of the loop for a while (just before Target games packed up) which company is developing warzone/chronopia these days or is it not in any sort of development anymore?

I've always played games workshop games and warzone when it first came out and i like both systems so much, but i feel there is alot more freedom with warzone so it would just be nice to see where things are going with the whole game.

Cheers all !

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
Re: In production
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 04:17:16 PM »
This forum is as close as you are gonna get to anyone who cares about Warzone and Chronopia I think
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 07:08:40 PM »
Well in fairness to your question, the Mutant Chronicles IP is still held by Paradox, and they are hoping that the movie they have been developing for what seems forever will one day be released.  I've read the book, and Matt Forbeck did an admirable job given what he had to work with, and gave some props to many of the names that kept Warzone alive in one incarnation or another over the years.

Somebody 'round here can direct you to the film, as a version already got loose on the internet.

As for the MC property, Fantasy Flight Games has a collectible, 54mm, plastic game of some variety, but it's not our bag, so to speak.  If it's yours, you can check out their website for information and chat with them on their forums too.

This community is made up of dedicated fans of the Warzone tabletop game, and to be more specific, the third edition, or Ultimate Warzone, referred to as UWZ.  It's also for Chronopia fans.

The community is still playing, and playtesting, and, with any luck, the game engine that drove these two will make a reappearance....

As for Warzone and Chronopia being out like it was under Target, that probably won't happen. 

Hope that helps. 

May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline arctica

• Journeyman
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 01:36:44 AM »
This forum is as close as you are gonna get to anyone who cares about Warzone and Chronopia I think

Ah apologies to the query then, i was just curious since i have been out of the loop for so long.

I for one love first edition warzone and chronopia and will always keep an eye out for stuff which this community could use to benefit from. Again sorry to all who may be offended or upset by my initial line of questioning.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 01:39:26 AM by arctica »

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 09:24:05 AM »
No apology needed from you man. If anything I need to apologize if I came off as hostile or defensive
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 02:49:20 PM by Topkick »
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 01:32:28 PM »
I'm just happy we've got new folks coming in, with so much to offer.  Check out arctica's painting tutorials in the Chronopia section.  This guy is one badass painter. 

Again, welcome aboard.  We've got a cult like community, organize our own events, and have an esprit de corps just about unmatched in any other game group.

May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA