Author Topic: war torkha warriors  (Read 11582 times)

Offline troy-the-just

war torkha warriors
« on: August 15, 2008, 06:58:27 AM »
in reading about the warriors that can ride along with the torkha I have a question?

I assume they are treated as a leaderless warband?  I suppose the only alternative would be as individuals and that doesnt seem to make any sense.

Offline Southpaw

• Board Member
  • The Board
  • I see lead people.
    • Topkick's Trading Post
Re: war torkha warriors
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 10:29:47 AM »
Per the Holy Book of Knowledge, page 214:

"When a Warrior disembarks it immediately becomes and Invidiual"

SP
Webmaster/Manager
Topkick's Trading Post

The one truth of the Dark Lord is this: death is inevitable, flesh decays, and power commands...

From The Scrolls of the Dead
Negral Zar'akin

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 10:55:49 AM »
I still have to build my proxy from the parts that manic_miner sent me.  Oh the shame.   >:(
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 11:16:56 AM »
Ditto on my Rivet Bull proxies....I  feel so ashamed.  :-[
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline troy-the-just

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2008, 12:41:25 PM »
ok that was the part confusing me.  are the budgeted as individuals then when you are constructing your army?  if so it would turn a fairly cool bargain, into something rarely used I would think.  or are they considered part of the torkha for purchase, then once they disembark each is treated as an individual?  that seems to make sense with the wording of the book and the optional purchase, that they are in effect accessories of the torkha

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2008, 03:45:30 PM »
ok that was the part confusing me.  are the budgeted as individuals then when you are constructing your army?  if so it would turn a fairly cool bargain, into something rarely used I would think.  or are they considered part of the torkha for purchase, then once they disembark each is treated as an individual?  that seems to make sense with the wording of the book and the optional purchase, that they are in effect accessories of the torkha

Yes, they are considered as part of the model until they seperate.  A very awsome ability for such a low cost model. 
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline troy-the-just

Re: war torkha warriors-another question
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 10:15:44 AM »
my champion uses an action and gives an order to attack to the torkha, he completes his action, than the war torkha immeidately activates.

during its activation may the warriors choose to disembark, than use their last action before the torkha completes its movement?

reading all the rules I think this would be permissable.  thoughts?

Offline troy-the-just

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 10:25:11 AM »
bump

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 01:10:09 PM »
     Troy, p214 of the big "book" answers all your questions.   Look right above "Equipment".

Offline troy-the-just

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 06:27:15 AM »
I read that as a yes dog, right?  that is what i thought, but i just wanted to make sure, the give commands feature needs to be used more I think, at least I think it could be quite effective, but in the heat of battle i tend to forget about it, like last game i should of had my champion give orders to the Blood Totem, than they both could have went

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2008, 01:01:33 PM »
I read that as a yes dog, right?  that is what i thought, but i just wanted to make sure, the give commands feature needs to be used more I think, at least I think it could be quite effective, but in the heat of battle i tend to forget about it, like last game i should of had my champion give orders to the Blood Totem, than they both could have went

You are correct.  Yes, we do need to use the command feature more in our games.  I tend to forget about it as well, unless in dire straits, and looklng for a way out.

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2009, 11:54:26 AM »
It's really fun using a 'daisy-chain' command sequence.  Use the Nameless to command two individuals with lower LD.  Then he finishes.  The two individuals use their command and each finish.  Now you get two units from them!!  It's the reason why the Devout have such low LD.   >:(

On that occasion you win initiative after putting all that nastiness in one place, it's really bruising.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA