Author Topic: The accidental army  (Read 5504 times)

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
The accidental army
« on: January 04, 2009, 10:29:40 AM »
Hello

When I first started to collect Warzone, I never really had an interest in the Imperial faction. But through mass collection, strange luck, and wrongly described mini's I have more of the Imperial faction than any other. Now I can field a Wolfpack army, several clans, and just  a whole trencher army. I started out trying to collect Bauhaus and Capitol and ended up with a Imperial army. Lets see Hollywood script that.

wmeredith
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 10:31:22 AM by wmeredith »
Wise men say absolute power corrupts absolutely I am not a wise man.

Offline MadBrad

• Member Emeritus
Re: The accidental army
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 11:49:26 AM »
Well, then keep back a squad or two of regulars to fill that bad boy out!   

Visually, the Imperial army looks good.   So, from an aesethic standpoint, it is a fun army to paint, and fun to look at on the board.   

I am still working on finishing out my bag o' plastic Imperials this week.  The first three squads are done, in a red/brown base uniform color.  The last squad is already spraypainted a deep green, so I figured I would make then the "odd squad" for battles where I need to seperate out two distinct squad from one another. 

Good job, ol' chap!  Keep a stiff upper lip and all, and remember tea time!   

What what!

Cybertronic - Superior by design

E-Bay Handle: bradthemad

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 12:00:42 PM »
Hello

The fun part of cleaning your closet is finding lost treasures, like the bag of plastic Imperial regulars I forgot I had. Your right they will be fun to paint. Going to go with a red and white scheme like the old British redcoats.

wmeredith.
Wise men say absolute power corrupts absolutely I am not a wise man.

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 01:53:18 PM »
Hello

The fun part of cleaning your closet is finding lost treasures, like the bag of plastic Imperial regulars I forgot I had. Your right they will be fun to paint. Going to go with a red and white scheme like the old British redcoats.

wmeredith.

Now that will look sharp.

I remember someone taking the Cap LI troopers and painting them to look like Canadian Mounties.   I'm currently working on a squad to look like US Cavalry Troopers from the 1870's
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 07:37:05 PM »
When you can, post some of those painted figs for us to see, please!

Offline Seamus

• Branch Incentives
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 09:29:31 AM »
Thats how I got into both Imperial and Dark Legion.  Mass purchases on ebay for Capitol, Inheritors and SoR.  Eventually, I just started looking for Dark Legion and then later Imperial.
Seamus Muadhen
eBay: branchenterprisesinternational
email: dkidd23 AT yahoo DOT com

There is no security on this earth, there is only opportunity.
General Douglas MacArthur
US WWII general & war hero (1880 - 1964)

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 02:52:12 PM »
I was given my Capitol force that got stolen (mostly) last year....I think that the starts of my Imperial force was given to me as a throw in for a trade I made with someone for some of my GW forces...

the Mishima and Cybertronic forces that I have were me deciding to play them, especially Mishima, since no one here in NE Ohio had any Mishima to speak of...

B...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 03:07:11 PM »
I have recently re-fell in love with Mishima - and am toying with a new list for an upcoming battle!

Among my HELL YES picks are

Crimson Devils w/Chem sprayers
Hatamoto Elites!
Most likely some Dragon Riders

BONZAIIIIII!

D

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 06:13:01 PM »
The Accidental Army...

Bauhaus:  While I have over 3k painted (2500 field-able as one army!!) I never set out to collect a Haus list.  I wanted some rangers, some hussars and some Mortant.  Then I picked up a few other units during a trip to the factory.... then got the 2nd Ed boxset... and before I knew it, I had 3k painted.  And my main army at the time was Capitol

Cyber- never meant to go past the 800 point list I had.... then I inherited BikerBane Dave's Cyber, Imperial Wolfpack and Hood....  I can field 2k+ easy of Cyber if I chose...

Imperial- I had a little of this and a little of that... then got the army listed above.  Jeebus...  Another 2k+ army.

Mishima- the one army that has stayed small.  Ashigaru, Ronin, Bushido, Demon Hunter and Meka.  Thats it.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 06:50:06 PM »
originally, I was going to keep the Mishima force small, just the basics and maybe some Tiger Dragons...then I was given a few more minis from Stalker, then I bought a big lot on eBay that had a fair amount of Mishima...then came the mad search for the one or two other things that I was missing...

Prince August really likes me, since I have bought so many things from them to fill out the this and that I needed to get things filled out...

B...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 08:24:22 PM »
My biggest accidental army was definitely Cybertronic.  I had a handful of the basic troopers and a few scattered chausseurs.  Somehow as I accumulated more figs for other armies I always ended up with a cyber-fella here of there.  Then I invested in some Mirrormen, and I loved the idea of these guys so much I dove in whole hog.  Now I have a rather large punitive force including 2 units of peoples, 5 units of chausseurs, 2 units of shock troopers, 2 units of mirrormen, 3 units of mk I's, 1 unit Mk II's, 2 units of Attillas, 1 unit of reavers, 2 surveillers, 1 chemiman, 2 scorpions, a home built Cancer, and 2 of the big bad egg droids (oh yeah and assorted and sundry heroes).!

Needless to say, my Brotherhood army is mad at me.

D

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2009, 05:57:12 AM »

Needless to say, my Brotherhood army is mad at me.

D

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."