Author Topic: Ideas for Shadow Tribe  (Read 10086 times)

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
Ideas for Shadow Tribe
« on: December 18, 2008, 11:20:05 AM »
Hi all,

Getting ready to have our big end of the year game day and could use some help/ideas.  I will be playing Shadow Tribe vs the combined might of CL and Stygian. 
     I have never played Shadow Tribe and wonder if anyone had sugesstions or tips for a 2000 pt army. 

Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Wedge

Re: Ideas for Shadow Tribe
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 01:11:24 PM »
I am not sure about your access to Devout miniatures, but assuming you have the full compliment of Shadow and Devout forces here are some suggestions I can offer:

Unliving are great meat shields to bolster the rest of your forces.  You will advance slower but two decent sized squads of 5 or more can stop a whole lot of firepower from the CL.  The Monarch is a must since he will be a great commander and mobile cavalry.  For devout forces I love Dark Eyes.  They have always performed well.  Additionally, a Soulflayer and or Damned works well.  At 2000 points you are probably only going to get two warbands and two individuals from the Devout side with the rest being Shadow tribe.  So for the other Devout warband you might want to take some Swordsmen or even skeletons since your advance will be slow.

Load up on Tribal Warriors and or Hearthguards and a healthy compliment of Slingers.  I find a Hunter and his dogs work better than the warhawks but that is more of a user preference.  Good luck!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 09:24:32 PM by Wedge »

Wedge

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 09:51:40 PM »
In fact, here is the 2000 point Army that I had great success with against Coil in a PBEM game.

Shadow Tribe (1399 pts):

Tribal Warriors (4), Sword Master, Std Bearer (Deflection), Chieftan
Tribal Warriors (4), Sword Master, Std Bearer (Deflection), Chieftan
Warhounds (7)
Slingers (7) (6 points available for cursed shot or drop an Unliving for more points)
Unliving (7)
Unliving (7)

Monarch
Hunter
Scythed Chariot
Scythed Chariot

Devout Allies (601 pts):

Swordsmen Followers (5), Musician (Horn of Darkness), Leader
Dark Eyes (5)
Damned

I was facing a 2000 pt Dawn Tribe and it was a brutal battle in a Jungle Swamp terrain.  The scythed chariots were vicious!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 06:21:14 AM »
Sons of Kronos tip from the Blackblood Empire -

Assign them to the quarries at Baldur-khan...they grow sick from despair and die when condemned to the mines at Randul-kesh.   ;D
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2008, 06:54:57 PM »
Nice army list Wedge.  I have a question though.  I thought the Scythed Chariot was a Tribe of the Goddess Indv.? 

Now I think it should be allowed for all Tribes, but thats not how the book looks.  I would be very happy to have one with the Shadow Tribe.

Wedge

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2008, 08:51:04 PM »
Nice army list Wedge.  I have a question though.  I thought the Scythed Chariot was a Tribe of the Goddess Indv.? 

Now I think it should be allowed for all Tribes, but thats not how the book looks.  I would be very happy to have one with the Shadow Tribe.

Really?  I don't have the book handy.  I thought it was an all army individual.  If it isn't then my army was illegal and Coil has grounds to smack me!  Hahaha!

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008, 09:39:19 AM »
Sadly it is listed under the Tribe of the Goddess. 

Wedge

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2008, 04:44:40 PM »
In that case, drop the chariots, add a Wyrd with some good offensive spells and use the remaining points to bolster some of the smaller units.  Should still be very effective.

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2008, 03:04:50 AM »
Really?  I don't have the book handy.  I thought it was an all army individual.  If it isn't then my army was illegal and Coil has grounds to smack me!  Hahaha!
Aha! I should have known. ;)

You beat me rather soundly in that game though so I don't think it mattered. The chariots are good though.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 03:19:08 AM by Coil »