Author Topic: 2nd Non-Annual Units We Don't Want to See  (Read 9517 times)

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
2nd Non-Annual Units We Don't Want to See
« on: December 04, 2008, 12:02:13 PM »
Recently there has been a lot of talk about new characters (plus some sort of smut rag that some guy named Jake Brass is putting out) with characters in it.  I have decided, for the art of conversation since it does seem to be lagging here of late, to reccomend characters we NOT see introduced in the near future:

Cybertonic Vista Trooper.  An  individual model that goes from AI to AI ensuring them to have the latest upgrades in the middle of a battle.  Any unit "upgraded" loses all actions for 2 turns while it reboots then has to roll under its leadership -4 to see if it comes back on line.  Every subsequent turn at the end of its actions, it must also make a roll to see if it crashes.  If it does crash, it has to do another check at the start of each activation to see if it reboots properly.  It is possible for a unit to reboot then crash at the end of an action.  In fact, it's expected.

Mishima Apprentice Sushi Chef.  An individual model that fed everyone Mercurian Puffer Fish last night.  However, because he is not fully trained on how to prepare this rare but delicious delicasy, at the start of the game every model in the army to roll under the MASC's LD to see if the Chef prepared the fish properly or accidentally cut the poison sac.  If the model fails the test, at the start of each activation it rolls under its own LD to see if it succumbs to the toxin and is an automatic casualty.  There are no saves allowed.

Brotherhood Librarian Adept.  An individual model that causes all Brotherhood figures within 18 inches to suffer -4 leadership penalties because he will not shut up about his theory that the 8th Cardinal's decrees on the uses of Venusian Typing Paper was in fact an prophecy that predicted the decline in the Bauhause gear making industry eighty years later.  Sadly, he may not be targeted by his own forces and eliminated because he has key information the  unit may need to accomplish the mission.  Enemy units are also at -4 to hit him at any range band or in CC because he distracts the hell out of them as well.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Jake Brass

Re: 2nd Non-Annual Units We Don't Want to See
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 05:35:38 AM »
Recently there has been a lot of talk about new characters (plus some sort of smut rag that some guy named Jake Brass is putting out) with characters in it. 

Well see here:  I don't see you coming up with anything constructive mister!  Maybe if you'd get off your lazy hide and produce something you'd appreciate the effort that goes into producing a professional grade magazine!  My staff does their best to conduct fine-quality field work so that the self-employed professional can gain the most, as well as the corporate or Brotherhood employeed who wishes to expand his resources.  In the mean time, until I can get a website up and working, I am still handing out free copies to anyone who PM's me. 

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 05:47:13 AM »
I had intended to open this category to everyone-but not this way!  :-\
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 06:01:12 AM »
I had intended to open this category to everyone-but not this way!  :-\

Jeez,  Veez.

Getting flamed by that chairborne ranger.  Now that's harsh.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 06:09:18 AM »
Well, nowadays I'm not much more than a desk-jockey myself so I probably shouldn't be throwing stones. :-[

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 07:50:19 PM »
Capitol - Corporal James "It'll never work" Hudson
Hudson believes nothing good will come from anything.  He never did.  This guy bemoans the littlest hurdle - "Why me? Get someone else to walk point. I'm a short-timer."  Once when told that a 10-year old girl could do a better job than he, Hudson replied, "That's great! Why don't you put her in charge, man?"  Qucik to retreat; "Let's get the frak outta here!"

Corporal Hudson - Individual F*** Up, up to 1 per army list, extremely mortal (to the point of cowardice), Force Detractor
CC  RC  PW  LD  AC  WD  ST  MV  AR  SZ  PC
 4    7    2    7    3    1    4    5    19   2   10

Equipment:         M-50 Assault Rifle w/UBGL, Squad Comm Link
Special Abilities:  Whiner: 3 (treat as penalty to Inspiration or LD in the absence of Inspiration)
Special Rules:      Vulnerable to Panic (-1 to his LD for every enemy in LOS), Berserk (+1 AC, -5 LD, +1 WD if Panicked)
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 02:33:32 PM »
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Jase

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2008, 03:03:55 PM »
Here's one -

Bauhaus Ducal Minesweeper - just stamps around the battlefield with hands over his ears until *BOOOM*   :)
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2008, 03:21:52 PM »
mishima, but not bauhaus.. sorry i donīt buy this one!
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Petru5

• Keeping eastern KC an UWZ!!!
    • Conn-Man Games blog
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2008, 07:42:03 AM »
it could only be Mishima if he attacked the minefield with his sword.  I'm not sure how that would work, as any good swordsman knows you never stab a sharp edge into soil, but I'm sure someone could figure out the resultant penalties.

I'm thinking Bauhaus is better suited.  Big, Eastern block looking guys.  Them or Sons of Rasputin.
"Game over, man! Game over!"
-Private Hudson

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2008, 07:57:42 AM »
I would think more Imperial-some poor bloody infantry while the officers sit and watch from their tent drinking tea and muttering something about "stuff upper lip" and whatnot!

Then again, Capitol-that's what the Freedom Brigades are for.

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2008, 07:32:19 PM »
The corporate team building exercise corps.  Yech.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2008, 04:52:44 AM »
I love it.  They lose 2 turns to "trust exercises" prior to being able to engange the enemy.  Worse, they are so in tune with each other's emotions that if they take a casualty, the entire unit is removed so that they can comfort each other.

Offline Petru5

• Keeping eastern KC an UWZ!!!
    • Conn-Man Games blog
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2008, 07:33:47 AM »
The true question is if one falls, will the others catch him?
"Game over, man! Game over!"
-Private Hudson

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2008, 08:17:51 AM »
If they don't they have to take a morale test!